Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any sort of diagram or list of measurements for the fuel lines (steel ones are what I really need) on a SPICA GTV? I searched around and was surprised nothing came up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I've rebuilt these lines in entirety, in NiCopp, if you say what youre trying to do maybe I can help.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have actually been reading your build thread discussing this section. Part I am missing is how many hard lines, length of each and maybe routing (though I can probably figure out that part).

Car didn’t have original lines, so nothing to pattern from.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
There's just one hard supply, one hard return, they follow exactly the same path before transitioning to hoses. If you look at listings on Bring a Trailer, people will frequently photo the underside on a lift which should help you with routing. Does you car have the sheet metal tabs still remaining on the underside? Even if they're broken off you ought to be able to see where they were welded in place. Also, with some common sense you don't need to replicate the routing 100%. Wandering an inch left or right is probably going to be okay.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - that's easy. And I got some of the rubber grommets for them from gprocket.

Do you know the length of the hardlines, or is that something I'll just figure out once I get under the car? Again, I don't have the old lines, so will be creating these out of thin air.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I know at some point I measured them to make sure I ordered enough NiCopp. I could probably search for that order to see. But again once you know the approx routing, from pix etc, just tape some string to the underside of the car and you'll get pretty darn close to the length. All this presumes you are making the lines yourself or the person who is making them has the car at their disposal to bend-fit-bend-fit.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok - that gives me an approach to this which is what I was needing. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I replaced mine I ordered a 20' roll of stainless steel tubing. Since my car has carbs, I only needed 1 line. I had enough to do both lines and gave the extra 10' to a friend. Hope this is helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep - that is. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts