Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel return line that hooks to the bottom of the fuel regulator broke on my car. Huge mess on my garage floor.:mad:
1. Is this a continuous line all the way to the fuel tank?

2. Is there anything special about this line, or can I pick it up locally at Napa or Auto Zone etc...?

Thanks
Tom

·
Administrator
16,623 Posts
The rubber hose goes down about 18" (approx/guess) then connects to a rubber covered steel line that runs back to the rear of the car. Then another rubber hose to the fuel tank bia the trunk.

Nothing special about the rubber hoses. The steel line is inside a rubber covering. I suppose that helps protect it unless it begins to corrode then it probably encourages corrosion...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well there is something special about the fuel hose....

1. Make sure that you get 'fuel injection' hose and not simply fuel hose. The fuel injection hose allows operation at higher fuel pressure. Regular fuel hose will work but the upper pressure rating for the hose is 50psi. S3 spiders run with fuel pressure in the mid-30 psi range.

2. I think the hose is 8mm in diameter so 5/16" will work.

3. Since you'll have the fuel lines apart, consider replacing the other fuel lines under the car. At a minimum, replace the fuel supply line going to the fuel rail as it is right next to the fuel return line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts