Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Milano race car with an 164S motor with aftermarket cat cams and bigger injectors with the bigger air flow meter from a BMW and headers with a custom exhaust.

I have dyno tune the car and got it running as best as I can with the limitations of the stock L jet injection system. The problem I'm having is the car does not make power past 5800rpm because it is running out of fuel pass 5800rpm even though red line is set to 6500rpm.

I'm pretty sure I need to go to a stand alone fuel injection system to fix my problem but I want to make sure that there are no other ways to tweak the system that I haven't done already or something I haven't thought of.

Thank you for any information.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have your larger injectorsI in the car, the ones that were recommend to me. And I actually tried your interceptor box setup on a dyno already and it did the same thing as adjusting the spring pressure on my air flow meter. It's a good setup but I need something else for my application.

I need more duration and more fuel above 5800rpm to fix my problem.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Fuel filter?
Fuel pump?
Can you measure the injector duty cycle with a multimeter on the dyno?
Have you measured fuel pressure with the car working hard?

A decent stand alone will be a benefit. It'll allow you to accurately tune your fuel and ignition timing to suit your engine and any additional changes you may make later on.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
I have a friend who spent 2 or 3 years improving the L-Jet on his GTV6 race car. He had a complete simulator that enabled him to change component values on the L-jet circuit board and observe the effects. A guy who collaborated with him reverse engineered Tom Zat's Pandora's box. He then abandoned it and went with Megasquirt and won an SCCA championship in E Production.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts