Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the Wires with the terminals from the fuel injection plastic connectors?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Push on the wire clip from the backside of what you are showing, wiggle it a bit and pull Spraying them with WD40 also helps a bit They are tight

Thanks, Rick

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,924 Posts
I think he's talking about removing the terminals from the blue plastic.

They're held in place by little metal tabs on each terminal, Jay. You need to insert a terminal tool (basically a thin, flat piece of metal, sometimes a small screwdriver works) next to each terminal from the open side of the connector. This depresses the tab and the terminal will slide out the back. You'll need to pop the rubber boot off the plastic piece first.

Here's a disassembled photo showing the pieces. You can see the tab on the top of each terminal that retains it in the plug.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success. Thanks one and all!
Where do you find the boots and connectors?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,924 Posts
Just search the web for Bosch fuel injector connector. Lots of kits out there. Amazon has some too.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
From my experience, make sure you get some quality connector rubber covers. I bought some and in 3 months they were falling apart. They look the same but are not in terms of the quality of the rubber. I think I got my good ones from Centerline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts