Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a GTV6 Callaway 1986. The hose that connects the fuel tank with the part where pump’s fuel-nozzle goes when you are filling up the car with gas is broken and so far seems impossible to find a replacement. Anyone can help me here? Any ideas or advices on how to solve this problem? One issue that I noticed is that each end of the hose have different diameters so can’t use a universal hose.

·
Administrator
17,020 Posts
I believe that hose is NLA. Some have been made a work-around by using two different size hoses plus a metal adapter between the two.

(I took the liberty of moving your post to the Alfetta/GTV6 section - it should get more views & possibly replies here.)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I use a section of 2 inch fuel-friendly hose that I get at NAPA.
A little hard to get on one end, but do-able.
Works great.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I recently used this on my Alfetta, it is Gates 24712 hose:
Amazon.com: Gates 24712 Fuel Hose, 2" - 45 Degree: Automotive

I believe GTV6s and Alfetta GTs have similar connections; if so this hose should work for you. I used two clamps on the tank side and cranked them down pretty tightly. The filler side fit fine and only needed (and could only fit) one clamp. The 45-degree bend in this particular Gates hose is slightly less than optimum (there's a mild kink in it midway), but a 90-degree would be way too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts