Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Quadrifoglio
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take the plenum off and disconnect the hoses and cables. I found this tiny filter on my shop floor and was wondering which hose it came from? Thanks.

·
Registered
1987 Quadrifoglio
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely came off my spider. It is just over inch in length. Looks like it could be a filter in one of the fuel lines?

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
it might have come off your spider, but it doesn't belong on your spider.
there are only 2 fuel hoses you undo to remove the plenum: one is the hose coming up to the injector rail (possibly someone put this aftermarket piece in there)
the other is the fuel return line from the pressure regulator, but why filter a return line...

Your spider has 2 original filters, a filter sock at the in-tank pump and the big main filter under the car near the main pump
(of course the tiny micro filter in each injector)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Perhaps it is what I have seen, and have heard called, an orifice tube (filter). It is used in the AC system. It is usually placed into the end of an AC hose, or the expansion valve. Perhaps it was replaced some time ago and the old one fell into the mess o wires and hoses above the intake manifold and has live there since, until you disturbed the area, and it fell to the floor. It is not from an injector, or any part of the fuel system, imo.

·
Registered
1987 Quadrifoglio
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all your feedback and insights. I will not worry about this tiny filter in any of the lines running in or out of the plenum. Makes my life a whole lot easier! Thanks. Take care.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
to me it looks like those mesh filters on a motorcycle tank fuel tap
Maybe the PO had a bike:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts