Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a GTV and suspect the fuel filter is clogged. This is a FI car, looked under the hood and didn't see any filter (heck, I don't even see the fuel line as the injection pump is mounted below the air filter box. Are there two filters or one?

Also, how difficult is it to drop the gas tank in one of these?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,637 Posts
the gas tank comes out the top, there was just a thread on that. I very very highly suggest you read the sticky about the fuel injection. You will need to get to know it to have what is being suggested, talked about in the replies. Not knowing anything about the car I would suggest changing both front and rear filters, plus the oil filter in the injection pump, and all the other filters. See what I mean:) But start with the rear filter I posted the Wix rear filter number somewhere on this board and sometimes it eaiser to search google for stuff on this forum than it is the search in the forum. That's all the help you get until we see some photos, hummm we like photos, ummmm pretty:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I just found the rear filter (on amazon.com of all places). IAP seems to sell the other ones. Where's the sticky on fuel injection? I didn't see it on this board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts