Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while looking for a way to have my stock sender to my instrument panel. anglospider put me to a website ... spiiyda.com ... they have a in line anti sloch fix cost 20.00 pounds about 32.00 dollars..

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Did you install the device yet to stop the fuel needle from bouncing around while the gas is sloshing around?

Vin

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
while looking for a way to have my stock sender to my instrument panel. anglospider put me to a website ... spiiyda.com ... they have a in line anti sloch fix cost 20.00 pounds about 32.00 dollars..
Can you post the website?

spiiyda.com doesnt come up for me.

I would like to stop the bouncing needle too.

Thanks,

Vin

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sorry also,as for the anti slosh thingy,no, the new instrument cluster already installed. this was what I found,I thought some of you would like a.steady fuel gauge

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I don't know if they have anything that we could fit to our cars to use with the original gauges. They have these aftermarket gauges with optional extra anti-slosh electronics . Maybe that optional extra bit could be used for our cars? I guess it would be worth asking them.

The way the guy explained it to me, the "anti-slosh" is a way of handling the signal so the gauge doesn't react immediately as the fuel moves around and the float goes up and down. Instead there is a delay and an averaging function in the little black box of goodies (Please excuse the high level technical language:whistling:)

And of course they have the anti-sloth kit too, in case of slow, furry animals clogging up your tank...:smartass:

Bianchi, you've got to fix that spell-check!! "anti-Sloan"?

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Yeah, why take the fun out of it? There's a real art in judging the proper duty cycle of the yellow light that means you're out of gas! :blink:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts