Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOR SALE: Weber Carb Conversion Parts Complete Set-up

For Sale: A complete weber setup from a 1750 GTV. Throttle pedal arm to Air box. The rubber blocks are old. Webers are 40 DCOE 32's and as far as I Know working, everything that should move does move. There is a choice of air boxes if you want a short inlet type (see last Pic), to fit your chassis.

$850.00 plus shipping.

Regards

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This lot of items have gone unsold so I have lowered the asking price to $850 as edited into first post.

I have various other carbs and related items also available.

Cioa

Ken

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a bump.

Ken

·
Registered
435 Posts
$850.00 !!! If that stuff all works well YOU'RE giving it away... Italian made Weber is a plus.......I have a few complete sets otherwise I buy it...Wake up people....Jim

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I now have another conversion setup available similar to that pictured in my first post. Same price $850.

Ciao

ken

·
Registered
44 Posts
Please call me at 719-651-9742 or email to retiredbu @yahoo.com if you have a set up for an 87 Spider. Please use a subject line that I can distinquish so i don't think you are a spam. I am still puzzling with the VVT and spark advance for a straight carb conversion but am ready to convert adn play with it It s a hobby car but the Bosh system has an issue that I have been unable to trace adn I have fired enough relays testing that a carb kit seem like the answer. Look forward to talking to you.

pete

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please call me at 719-651-9742 or email to retiredbu @yahoo.com if you have a set up for an 87 Spider. Please use a subject line that I can distinguish so i don't think you are a spam. I am still puzzling with the VVT and spark advance for a straight carb conversion but am ready to convert and play with it It s a hobby car but the Bosh system has an issue that I have been unable to trace and I have fried enough relays testing that a carb kit seem like the answer. Look forward to talking to you.

pete
Hello Pete, something wrong with your email address above as I wanted this off line.

As far as I know what I have to offer should bolt right onto you head after you remove the existing manifold, but I have no personal experience with 1987 engines. You must determine this first by asking, on this BB, if a 1971 manifold will bolt to a 87 head and then you need to determine if you have room for the stock 1971 airbox and which type, there are 2 (long and short) or if you would be better, fit wise, using after market air cleaners.

The carbs I have, as stated, have nothing seized but that does not necessarily mean that they do not need a clean and/ or professional rebuild.

International and Centerline sell such kits with new carbs for something approaching $2000. My used Stock stuff kit is $850 with used rubber mounts if you wish but I recommend you get new ones. No air filter for the air box. If you can't fit or use the air box then $800.

Do your home work and let me know. You can PM me or e-mail me from this BB.

Regards

Ken

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
I have never worked on an Alfa as late as 1987, but can't imagine that the bolt pattern between the head and intake manifold would be any different. So I am suggesting that "yes, kengta's Weber manifold should fit retiredbu's head". Note that while the stud locations should line up, the stud lengths will probably be wrong - I have done some conversions using manifolds like the one that kengta is offerring and heads set up for Spica injection, and have had to shorten some of the studs. Dunno about the stud lengths on EFI heads, but would guess they will require some adjustment.

$850 does seem quite reasonable. Centerline carries both the rubber carb mounting blocks and airfilter cartridges that fit this housing. I would also replace the rubber bushing at the base of the steady rod, and add a ground strap between one carb and the manifold.

I would guess that the airfilter with the long snout will interfere with something on an '87 chassis - but again, I have no direct experience with an '87. I tried to fit one of those onto my '66 Sprint GT (see photo below) and the front of the snout ran into the horn (or something) - ended up sectioning out the valve to shorten the snout.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ken,

I want one of your Weber conversion sets for my 1750 GTV, if still available. Still $850? Of course, I am wary of the used carbs, but if they are indeed usable and not full of corrosion, we have a deal. Are they jetted for the 1750, do you know?
E-mail me at [email protected] or ph 1 805 543 4921. I can send you a bank check, when I get a price including shipping. I am in California.

Best, Barry

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is this still available? if so could i have your contact information
thanks steve
I have already sold a couple of these setups. I might be able to get another one together or almost together if your inquirys with other sellers don't pan out. You can email me by clicking on my name on this post or any of my posts.

What are you putting it on?

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts