Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have owned this car for a couple of months now. Prevously, (06) I sold #100 to one of my best Ferrari Customers. Last month, our owner sold to a party in Europe that failed to come up with the funds to complete the transaction. Soo...now it is forsale at the Ferrari dealership I work for. I will put it up on the website on (3/7/07) so the Alfabb guys will get the info first. This car has been in the USA for over 10 years now and I have extensive records since that time (in other words, it is not the fake that was auctioned in Europe a few years ago). The car is in very good condition in every respect and has been driven on a regular basis over the last 10 years. In fact, I drove it earlier today. I will post more details over the next few days including pics. If you need to know more right away send me a private message, call me on my mobile (630) 460-3158 or at the dealership starting on Wednesday (630) 655-3535. The price is $379,900 if you think that is crazy check out last month's Sports Car Market. The website is www.continentalautosports.com. I am David Alexander (Long Term Alfa Owner). Currently I have a 76 Alfetta GT 3.0 race car project and a '77 Giulia Nuova Super.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
From what I know, the car is the real #100 and not the fake car numbered 100.

The price, IMO is fair for a real car. I just heard of a Zagato bodied Fiat 8V that sold for $700,000!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to state the following as nicely as possible: If you have an interest in seeing this car, especially if you are NOT in a position to purchase it, please contact me rather than one of the other salespeople. I will do my best to schedule a time to talk to you or show you the car quickly. We are getting into the busy time of year and we need to focus on selling the cars we have in inventory. Of course, if you ARE interested in purchasing the car I will be happy to assist you anyway I can. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
expensive as it s only a street car, now concerning the other tz sold in us 2 months ago, i heard that the owner is quite unhappy and discuss with the auction to get his money back. can you show us a good photo of the complet chassis number

·
Registered
34 Posts
correct story of this car is http://www.classicscars.com/chassis/alfatz1.htm

Original color: Rosso/Nero. 1965 SOFAR.Sold to Corsica, 1980 sold to Larive, 1987 sold to Richard Crump.1985 sold to Tim Mittler USA. 2004 sold to John Weinberger.BE CAREFULL 1990 A FAKE was built in Italy and sold to Mimran who put it in 1997 Geneva Auction .2001 Court justice again Sotheby for selling fake car. 2003 Sotheby lost the case and give back the money to the customer..2005 I inspect the car from Sotheby sale, it s 100 % fake, and I have advise the french mecanic of Mimran to remove the chassis number and sell it as a replica in a public auction.Real car is the one in USA

thanks to the classicscars team for taking the heat by posting the truth

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
correct story of this car is http://www.classicscars.com/chassis/alfatz1.htm

Original color: Rosso/Nero. 1965 SOFAR.Sold to Corsica, 1980 sold to Larive, 1987 sold to Richard Crump.1985 sold to Tim Mittler USA. 2004 sold to John Weinberger.BE CAREFULL 1990 A FAKE was built in Italy and sold to Mimran who put it in 1997 Geneva Auction .2001 Court justice again Sotheby for selling fake car. 2003 Sotheby lost the case and give back the money to the customer..2005 I inspect the car from Sotheby sale, it s 100 % fake, and I have advise the french mecanic of Mimran to remove the chassis number and sell it as a replica in a public auction.Real car is the one in USA

thanks to the classicscars team for taking the heat by posting the truth

FYI, Olczyk, the owner of www.classicscars.com has been banned from this site. Very few people care what he has to say about anything..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, this is the ex Mittler (Tom not Tim), ex Weinberger car. John Weinberger owns Continental Autosports (Authorized Ferrari/Maserati Store). Here are some pictures I took on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Pipercross air filters on a TZ? Ewwww! Hand me the scissors, please!

I assume that they were originally open stacks, no? There must be something more suitable than those foam things...

Dr.?

Drooling anyway,

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thanks David for having posted the nice pics. For once we can watch the pics of the real thing, paying tribute to Zagato's coachwork, instead of looking at the "interpretations" of the TZ shape we so often see on dealers' sites... Some are really an insult to the artists who designed and built the TZ.

Yet, I'm with randyleepublic about the foamed filters. The original dynamic airbox, if not available, is best replaced with stacks, for the eye at least... Just a detail indeed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys, there are stacks under the filters. Unfortunately, the original air box is long gone. BTW those piper-cross filters are great for slipping over stacks when needed because they slip right off too. I am sure they hurt HP but some amount of filtering is often a good idea.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I wonder if anybody has a picture of the original airbox? Why "dynamic"?

My, my, that thing is lovely! I think I can come up with the "79" part. Does anybody want to loan me the "3"? :D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I wonder if anybody has a picture of the original airbox? Why "dynamic"?

My, my, that thing is lovely! I think I can come up with the "79" part. Does anybody want to loan me the "3"? :D
Dynamic because it is a ram air set-up similar to the GTA air box or Formula car air boxes that pressurize the intake at higher road speeds (I believe the value was 1.2 atm at 100mph for the GTA box).

I have seen a replica of the TZ air box out of Italy but I do not rememeber the vendor. It is exceedingly expensive, even compared to a GTA air box, but it really is a work of art.

·
Registered
72 Posts
HI pardon me, but aren't the TZ supposed to have a twin plus engine, this one has a single plug as per picture...
elad

1 - 20 of 36 Posts