Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have again been pondering the sale of SEI heads for a 2.5 or 3L with the 6 pack Dellorto carb set. Everything is there including air intake, filter and linkage.

Am playing with a couple projects and want to see these put to use.

Originally purchased from Hans Milo 3 years ago.
Pictures at CARBS

if interested please contact me via PM
Any reasonable offer accepted.

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
Alfa Sei Heads / CAUTION

I have again been pondering the sale of SEI heads for a 2.5 or 3L with the 6 pack Dellorto carb set. Everything is there including air intake, filter and linkage.

Am playing with a couple projects and want to see these put to use.

Originally purchased from Hans Milo 3 years ago.
Pictures at CARBS

if interested please contact me via PM
Any reasonable offer accepted.

SOMETHINGS WRONG HERE!
THESE CARBS AND HEADS ARE NOT AS DESCRIBED!!!!!!

Hans Milo never had these heads for him to sell then!

The pics were taken in my shop. (See the tubing from the GTR as it was in construction sev. years ago.)

Pics below are of them from my photos, Pics may have come from forwarded email!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics of my heads

Richard as stated in PM the pics I have posted on my site were supposedly from Hans prior to my purchase. I bought the heads from Hans a few years ago. If they were ones you emailed my apologies. This pic is one taken in my garage December 12th.

Attachments

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
Alfa Sei Heads

I PM`d Bob when I did the earlier post. Just the mistake of pictures from his computer. I was concerned that another scam sale was in progress. Bob is a straight shooter & all is good. Both he & the buyer of my heads & carbs called.
Sorry to raise a big flag but we have to be vigilent with the internet scams...:eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree

Thanks Richard,

Your words are appreciated and I agree with you that vigilance is important.
We have all crossed a few bad apples during our time on BB. We have to wathc out for each other.

Take care all

Bob

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
What is the difference between SEI heads and other V6 heads? I thought the SEI car was just a sedan that had the V6 engine and a front transmission as opposed to a rear transmission. I relize it was an early sedan and had carbs instead of Bosch FI, but what does that have to do with the heads? Are they actually different in some way?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have the specifics as to the differences however there are a number of different studs to bolt on the carbs as well I believe the angles for the intake port may be slightly differert. AS well the cams are specific to carbs.

Maybe HAns Milo or Richard J can give specifics.

Bob

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
SEI Heads

The Alfa Sei heads are a different design. They were the original V6 heads as designed for the 2 liter V6. The intake runners are short and much larger than the 2.5 & 3.0 FI heads. The exhaust side is the same as the 2.5 & 3.0 FI heads as to port size. First pic is a SEI. Maybe someone has a pic of a FI head that isn`t taped up.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
the FI heads have a seperate intake plenum. The sei heads have integrated intake bodies for the carbs. this means that if you want to run these cool carbs on your GTV6 or something, you will also need these heads.
I know, I've owned 2 Sei...
awesome sound with these carbs.
Make sure the thread on the carbs that hold the air filter are not stripped! Easy to overtighten.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oil return

Richard

Thanks for the reply, is that the oil return you use for mating the heads to a 3.oL block? Very nice setup.

The heads and carbs are still for sale however I am yet again thinking of hanging on to such nice pieces of engineering.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the FI heads have a seperate intake plenum. The sei heads have integrated intake bodies for the carbs. this means that if you want to run these cool carbs on your GTV6 or something, you will also need these heads.
I know, I've owned 2 Sei...
awesome sound with these carbs.
Make sure the thread on the carbs that hold the air filter are not stripped! Easy to overtighten.....
2 Sets these are a rarity in N. America there are only a handful of us with the sets that I know of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts