Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: Stock Milano Silver Rims shod with Falken Ziex 512. 205/60R-14 88H. Rims are in good shape w/centercaps. No serious rash & ride smooth @ highway speeds. These were my rain tire/rim set. Less than 200 miles on them. As you can see, they still have the casting "nips" sticking out!
View attachment 77864
This is what they look like on a GTV6.
View attachment 77863
This is what they look like on a Milano.
Milano_Silver.jpg
Here is a comparison of stock wheel/tire diameters:
GTV6 195/60-15 = 24.21"
Milano 195/60-14 = 23.22" Silver
Milano 195/55-15 = 23.44" Platinum & Verde
Dia of this combo = 23.68"
Offers over $250.00 please and buyer pays shipping. So, local pickup is probably best as they weigh too much to ship and I won't split. (Illinois/Indiana/Wisconsin/Iowa)

Here's a link on the tires:Falken Ziex ZE-512 Tires - Tire Size & Price Details - 1010tires.com

Basically, you're getting the wheels, centercaps, and mounting/balancing for free. There's nothing wrong with 'em, just a bit too small in diameter for my GTV6.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump - Excellent set for a Milano...

I like the style of wheel, too bad they are 14", but hey, the Ferrari Daytona has 14"-ers too!

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Too bad you're way out in Illinois (or me way out here on the Left coast!) as I'm getting my 87 Gold back to road worthiness for my college aged son. Would have liked to work a deal but me thinks shipping costs would probably stymie the deal.

Thoughts?

Ron

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually, shipping costs UPS ground isn't too bad, but kinda' takes the exclamation point out of the "deal". If you know what I mean.

On the other hand, The wheels usually go for $99-150ea. (A1) used at Auto Reman places - e.g. advanced auto wreckers [ask me how I know]), the tires are around $60.00ea Tire Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire Co., and the caps are around $9.00ea Alfa Romeo and Fiat Wheel Center Caps. So, if purchased retail around $836.00 (if wheels purchased at $115.00ea, shipping free, and mounting/balancing at $25.00ea). If you can find a good set of wheels at $200.00 a set, then ~$576.00 (if shipping free - all else equal) - Cost is a relative thing...

If you're comfortable with a total cost of say $460.00, then I think we can have an accord.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
just a tip......look into shipping them greyhound...generaly VERY cheep for "big" and "heavy" items...

the only down fall is that the buyer will have to pick them up at there local depot...but they will likely save ALOT of money in shipping

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Greyhound Depot 'Guards'

I always meet the nicest people outside the Greyhound station!

For me, here in Seattle, the Greyhound station is on my way to work and back so that really wouldn't present a problem.

I already have descent 14" OEM wheels, so I'm not interested in paying top dollar for the wheels too. I really was thinking about a descent deal on the slightly used rubber, figuring the wheels were essentially 'free' in the deal. The same OEM wheels I have for my car were given to me from a friend for free, but unfortunately with mismatched and worn rubber, and one tire that doesn't maintain constant pressure.

Good luck with your sale, as more than $175 - $200 is out of my financial interest.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lugnut, PM me with an offer please. On my original post I wrote: "Offers over $250.00 please".

Thanx,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, yeah, I see it now. Guess I missed it. As $251 would be as high as I would go over $250, I suppose I'll have to pass.
Thanks, though!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lugnut, I always wondered what "very, quite interested" actually meant...

But seriously, local pick up at these prices is best because the buyer can see what they're getting, I don't have to jump through hoops to get this packaged and shipped off, no hassles when only three showing-up and UPS takes a month to find the fourth one, which then comes-in scratched to all hell. And of course, the buyer who expects new rims for the price of a cheese pizza. Not worth the headache.

I understand that big wheels are all the rage these days. I see e'm all the time with their mini spare on one corner 'cause they've blown out a tire while rolling over a gum wrapper, or perhaps mangled a rim 'cause they were adjusting their bass levels and didn't see the pothole. These things happen. I have to say though, with the way the economy is going, expect to see a lot more potholes left un-mended, and with inflation growing like a pimple on a hogs azz, don't expect to be able to shod your Alfa for say, $75.00 a corner much longer fellas (Which I would consider more in line with serious interest for pick-up and $115.00 a corner packaged, sealed. & delivered - for those that need it).

Thank you for the interest,

BTW - Should you really want to find out what used Alfa rims would run, try here:
Acker Wheel - San Jose else, good luck on ebay and perhaps here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I'm too accustomed to the BMW/Porsche world where small wheels are throwaways :) I was looking for some 14s for r-comps, but I am just not willing to go over $250 for 14" wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts