Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm moving from a fast street to a more race oriented suspension set up.

I have for sale my 27mm torsion bars and matching Shankle Super Sport rear springs.

The 27mm T-bars and matching rear springs were one step below a full race setup, but above his 25mm "Sport" offerings. The torsion bars are around 200lbs/inch and the springs are around 150lbs/inch, or roughly twice as stiff as stock.

New T-bars are around $370, and the springs around $180 Performatek - Online Catalog
for a total of $550 plus shipping.

I'm selling my used stuff for $250 for the torsion bars, and $120 for the rear springs, or $330 for the set plus shipping.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'd like to see these go to a nice home!

·
Premium Member
16,560 Posts
We have this setup on our Milano, as well as the Shankle stabilizer bars, and we've liked it. Do keep in mind that with the Shankle stabilizer bars, you need the front end reinforcing plates, which need to be welded into the body structure to avoid fastener tear out at the stabilizer bar links mounts.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally have been using stiffer sway bars from Ron Simons, and I think this set would have worked better with the Shankle sway bars (27mm and 25mm in the rear). People seem quite happy with the whole package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts