1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
But....those taillights, aren't they original, right? They fit on the tail seats like a baby plastic duck in a bathtub....

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Don's right--that's Donald Osborne's old car. I'll let him know about the thread; I imagine he''l know the answer about the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
This car was part of a small series, i know 3 survived.
Every cars has little different details, my opinion is it had hollow rear lights, typical of the first Vignale's production.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
This car was part of a small series, i know 3 survived.
Every cars has little different details, my opinion is it had hollow rear lights, typical of the first Vignale's production.
Yes, the taillights are not original- they were fitted at the time of the 'nuovo codice di strada' which dictated amber turn signals. There were five cars built in this series for the Lancia dealer in Alessandria, Piemonte, Italy. and there are three surviving. They do have slightly different details, such as wheel covers, variations in the bumpers and interiors among others.
I also know the dealer selling the car and haven't yet inquired on the price. I can imagine it's rather higher than what I received when I sold- no, gave it away at auction in 2000!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts