Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I don't know the exact years and models they were used in. But I have seen them in early spiders as well as GTVS I think around 68-72. they were also used in bmw 2002's of the same era.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
First I should note I'm actually interested in the belts. Alfa used them for the '71 model year and may have used them for '69, I forget exactly. The spider used a short "hoop" reciever, not the ones in this auction. The reciever for the GTV/Berlina is differnent than the one used for the BMW. Both the BMW and the Alfa had the name (BMW or ALFA) cast or stamped into the metal reciever along with the year. What is the marking on these recievers? They look like BMW to me. Also the law=labels sewn onto the belts have manufacturer (BMW or ALFA) they were intended for. The belts are interchangable between manufacturers, the hoops are not. The original belts for the ALFA had a coarser weave material than the BMW.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip, I looked and you are correct, the steel hoops for these have "BMW" stamped in them.

Best of luck with the auction, only 5 watchers so far...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts