Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another spare from the shop clean up. Rear licence plate valance in very good to excellant condition complete with license plate brackets and grommets - USA tags. Just needs tag and tag mounting screws. No cracks and only tired paint but cleaned up for quick re-spray of buyer's choice.

$70 USD obo + shipping. From NE Florida 32656.

SOLD!!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quick question if you don't mind....
How does this trim piece actually connect to the car?
I need to take mine off for a respray.
Thanks in advance,
Adam

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I answer your question if I don't know how it's attached. Shouldn't be too hard to figure this one out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh. O.K. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The license plate screws retain it to the car. Maybe a bit of double sided tape too. It has been years since I pulled mine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The license surround used double stick tape on the two sides, and the 4 plate screws to hold it in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What model did this piece come from? I have a one off gtv6 with a maratona body kit and the original build paperwork talks about a rear number plate surround but i have never seen a pic of it so im not sure if this is it or not. If it is from the maratona kit one would assume that this is the piece.
Thanks Doug

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a foto holding the valence in place on my car. I removed for the re-spray. It only had the 4 screw tabs installing this part. Personally, I wouldn't use tape so I could remove periodically for cleaning to keep crud from building up just like removing the tag.

Attachments

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I do think this came on the Maratona.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks , all checks out so far but finally can you measure the number plate opening height and width. This would indicate to me if the Aussie plate does fit in that opening then it is probably the correct valance. Thanks Doug

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This part is committed at this time to someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts