Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '84 GTV6 with 55k miles, It runs well, and shifts perfect. I am planning on doing a drive-line swap; taking the drive-line out of it (it a week probably)as well as all the wiring, and alot of other stuff. I am looking to sell everything I won't be using. I am not sure exactly how much everything is worth, so feel free to make me any offers. I will be adding to the list as I go...

1)Transmission--great condition, shifts fine i'd like $500, but willing to negotiate
2)Engine--runs great, really not sure how much it's worth because it seems like everyone has a few already.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I may be interested in the transmission, I have a 83 GTV6. Does yours have the modified shift linkage or the original ( non iso) version. I know the unit is heavy, can you get a shipping quote?
I'm in California.

Thanks
William

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had looked up the linkage at one time, but I don't remember. I will have to check it out. Also, I will try to get a quote for shipping, but I will probably need your zipcode.
edit:I think It is the older, non-isostatic style found on model years 81-84, but I will have to check the build date to be sure. 9/84 is considered 85, but doesn't have the iso, but the 11/84 does... Although it does say '84 on the title, so it should be the older style.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'll try that. The clutch seemed strong, but I couldn't tell for sure because it needed to be bled, and about 3/4 of the way through bleeding it I broke the bleeder screw (in the tightened position thankfully) on the cylinder, so it was still a little washy. I will know more when I drop the tranny out. I am hoping it is in good condition as it will only have 55k miles on it and should be the stock double clutch which are hard to come by in like-new condition.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some things for sale:
1)Radiator and fan assy: full assembly, everything works make me an offer
I will sell the radiator and fan assy. separately. I also have all the hoses, none leak, most are original.
2)Rear axle shafts: rear axle shafts assembled with CV joints, original with 55k miles. Boots are still like-new and supple, make me an offer
I also have all the hex bolts washers and plates for them, will sell together or separate (as a set of course).

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More stuff
1)Hubs: Full assy. minus bearings (I don't have them out yet, but they will be for sale assuming I don't wreck them). Make me an offer
2)Rear Calipers: They're a little rusty, I'm not sure if they work, as they weren't bled and the line was rusted through so I never used them. Make me an offer
3)Rear Rotors:They're a little rusty, but not scored, so they can be dipped or turned slightly to get the surface rust off. I only have half the bolts as the other half are stripped/rounded. Make me an offer
4)Rotor to Axle Spacer: Rusty but it still works, make me an offer
I have most if not all of the hardware to connect these to the rear axles
5)Coolant Reservoir: A little discolored, but it doesn't leak and I have the bolts and original cap. Make me an offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More stuff:
2nd picture of the reservoir
1)Transmission, has 55k miles, all gears are great, no grinding, has clutch fork, bracket for slave cylinder(slave cyl. is broke), shifter arm, etc. Clutch sold with or separate, but it needs to be relined.
2)Brake MC, works fine, just ugly/rusted

I'd like to get $500 for the trans, and I will have to send the front cover and clutch assy and others separately (that way it weighs less than 150 lb.s and will only cost around $150 to ship as opposed to $600-800) make me an offer

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The clutch is for sale, its the dual type, and I'm pretty sure it needs to be relined as there was clutch dust all over the inside of the trans housing. I will probably throw it in with the trans if you beg :) :D

I also Have the whole AC system, a brand new starter I've started the car with maybe 20 times, brake booster, steering rack, and front calipers which work, rotors and more. Most of it isn't out of the car yet, I will post pictures once they're available.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sure, the engine isn't quite out yet, PM me with details.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ignition coil is out, it is stock and works great, make me an offer.
Soon I will have the engine out, I would like to sell it if I can, but I know everyone has a few laying around. Its a 2.5, 12v that only has 55K miles on it, runs great, make me an offer. Otherwise I may have to make it into a coffee table or a boat motor or something :D ;) :) Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I must have hit something on my lil road trip and my radiator is leaking. The left fan is starting to go south too... how much for the assembly including postage to CT? I would also be interested in the wiper fluid reservoir if it's any good. I leaned on it when trying to fix the ignition problems and instantly sprung a leak.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I spent all day fixing a friend's fuel pump, so I will hopefully be working on pulling the engine on Thursday. Also I have the driveshaft for sale, and everything electrical.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The tach doesn't work, the speedo does last I checked... And the rest of the indicators seemed to, let me know specifically what you are looking for, but I am selling everything out of the dash. PM an offer, etc.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are pictures of the side view mirrors (sale pending) and driver's side door handle (interior) as well as the trim piece for it (sale pending) One of the trim pieces only has 2 of the four clips left, the other only one.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are the mirrors, and also the like-new starter that has only been used 20 or less times.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would be interested in all the shift mechanism and linkage if it is not the iso type. That would be the linkage to shift lever, shift lever and the mount that bolts to the underside of the frame.

Thanks
William

1 - 20 of 72 Posts