Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my '63 spider after 30 years of ownership. It is an unmolested "preserved" example of a rare euro market car in gray over red. Check it out
on ebay. I know I'm crazy to sell, because this car is a blast to drive, but I simply haven't been using it enough. If you're serious and have questions you can send me a private message with your email address and I'll get back to you.
john

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ron Sessions

It was about 31 years ago when living in Chester County Pennsylvania that I let my charcoal gray/red interior '63 Giulia Spider go to buy (of all things) a Dodge pickup truck I thought I needed. The '63 had three-shoe front drums, a Pininfarina factory hardtop (which really kept the interior new looking) and a Blaupunkt AM/FM radio. I haven't owned a Spider since and often thought about getting another one. What is the asking price?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You are replying to an older post. It has been sold. The auction ended Oct 28th. He got 26,340 for the car. It was a nice car. I have spoken with the owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your interest. unfortunately the car has been sold. was hard to part with, but i had to do so given business slow down and sons college tuition.
i know...very bad reason to sell, but this how things go. i'll get another alfa in the future. they are very special and spirited vehicles and a perfect example of how the energy that goes into developing something is reflected in the end result.
good luck to you in your search.
john

·
Registered
22 Posts
John:
With tuition costing a fortune these days, I know the feeling all too well. There will be other Alfas. But my head aches when I remember I sold my running, complete Gray/red Giulia Spider with Euro gauges in the fall of 1974 for $800! Or my Giulietta Sprint I hauled from Philly to Detroit to Tucson and back to Detroit, only to sell it in 1984 for $2000! Alfa values today are really impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts