Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

We have a step nose GTV race car for sale at Continental Ferrari/Maserati in Hinsdale, IL. This is a former Joe Marchetti (Chicago Historic Races) car that I have followed for a long time. The car has been raced in VSCDA extensively and is beautifully built: Reinforced Body, Seam Welded joints, 6 pt cage (probably could use a bit of updating), 2 liter, close ratio box, panhard rod, technomagnesio wheels, etc..etc...I have begun digging into the specifics and I have begun posting pics on our website. For now, check out our website and ask your questions here and I will do my best to get accurate info to you (Continental Auto Sports - Welcome to CAS). The money is $45,000. If you are interested in purchasing call me directly on my cell at 630.460.3158 or at the dealership 630.655.3535. Thanks! David Alexander.

·
Registered
546 Posts
GTV Race Car

Very nice looking car. Don't remeber seeing this one before. I will say that you seem to have it priced a little high for a GTV, but great for you if you can get it!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
What a great race car! Certainly much more cost effective to buy than to try and re-create, especially given the level of workmanship.

Best regards,

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Much higher quality level than your typical race car

Just look at the metal work. Holes drilled and flanged, seams welded without splater or warping...really nice. This is NOT you typical vintage racer.

David

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is an absoloutly GORGEOUS car in person. From what I recall, It has the right stuff to be competitive as well.

My .02

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I would imagine that it would be quite a bit more than 45K to build so it looks like a decent deal for a racer.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Lovely and worth every penny, shame I'm so far away....

·
Registered
517 Posts
ABSOLUTELY.....FANTASTIC......45..IS A GIVEAWAY.....SHOULD BE MORE LIKE 55....I would put another passenger side seat in it....and drive it to work EVERY DAY...TOO bad..i have too many Alfa projects..all going on at the same time....ouch!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Lovely and worth every penny, shame I'm so far away....
I agree that the car is fairly priced. But please Max, don't take advantage of our week dollar to take all of our good cars across the Atlantic! It's bad enough that we have trouble affording parts from the European suppliers.

Erik

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Is it just me, or is that only a half cage with door bars and a main hoop brace running forward?
Absolutely beautifull car!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is still here!

Our website provider managed to remove the car from our site. We still have it! I expect to get it up next week.

David Alexander

'76 Alfetta Race Car Project
'82 GTV6 24 Valve
'77 Guilia Nuova Super 2 liter

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump! Yes the car is still here

A great car to purchase and drive at the national meet here in Chicago (Alfa Enduro Race 2008 Home and Welcome to Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club). Mike Besic tells me that this car was allways very competitive and potentially quicker than his old GTV. Yes, the cage/roll bar could certainly use some updates: Cross brace on main hoop, higher shoulder strap mounts and some more door bars. It really depends on the sanctioning body. It was ok at the BRIC (Brian Redman International Challenge) at Road America back in 03.

Cheers!

David Alexander

1 - 17 of 17 Posts