Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Im looking to sell my Alfa 164, need it gone pretty soon!!

The car was running, has been sitting for about 6 months now however. Reason for taking it off the road was due to the gearbox losing reverse. Other than that, the car ran very well and strong, no oil in the water and so forth. Despite this, there are a couple of things that need to be fixed to make it good again.

They are as follows:

• Replace the gearbox
  • Replace leaking steering rack
  • Replace cracked windscreen
  • Replace little accuators in the air-conditioner
  • Fix hole in the middle section of the exhaust
  • Cut new keys :|

That is what Ive observed, other than that its a pretty sweet car. The car comes with a spare engine and gearbox (BHG for the engine, perfect box however), another rack that was in great order, no leaks, and plenty of other odds and ends like lights and interior pieces. The car also rides on 156 17" Superturismo wheels, which were quite expensive!! In fact, on ebay you can buy them brand new for $650 each. My wheels are immaculate, no gutter rash and plenty of tread on the tires too!!

Im asking for $1000 but I need it gone quite soon or else Im just going to strip it which would be a pitty. I advise that anyone who is interested should be quite confident to take the engine and box out. Im not and if I needed to get it done at a mechanics, the cheapest quote I got was 2 grand :| As for rego, its as simple as filling out an M1 form and away you go!!

Thanks Raff

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
PM sent,
cheers, Brad

·
Registered
912 Posts
thats pretty cheap. i will let my uncle know about this car.

Also raff you have any other alfa gear you want to offload ?? im still intrested in a few parts you had, that i need asap

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey storm that would be great mate. Yeah got heaps of 75 gear and those brakes if youre still keen. Give me a buzz on 0459118832, we'll organise something.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Raff,
good to meet you, if you could get a key and the airflow meter back on asap that would be great, and i will come see it. if it runs well i will take it and some of the other bits you mentioned.
cheers, Brad

·
Registered
912 Posts
hay raff can i still grab that alternator ?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think i test drove that car in the late 90's when Lou Katsikitis had it in his caryard... (Euro Alfa i think it was?)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe, that was a long time before I got it though so I couldnt tell you :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did this car end up getting repaired, left for later, or crushed? That looks like a nice body...

Benjamin

·
Registered
390 Posts
i took the wheels, engine, front rotors and sold off a few interior bits and peices, the rest took to scrap.
still have the front headlights and rear taillights, but thats all i have left, you can them for $50 if you want spairs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts