Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red/Black 80,000 miles
Driven with the respect it deserves.
A little extra attention would make her shine.
Needs fog light fixtures but all else is in intact & in working order.
Located in Pittsburgh PA
It hurts to offer this......asking $11,000 or B/O. Talk to me........

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I sent a PM and have yet to get a response. I was attempting to get the VIN and mileage etc for the 164Q Register. No pictures, no response...seems odd to me.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I love the quote "It hurts to offer this...asking $11,000 obo" Hurting would be $6,500... $11,000 is in the market IMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW--What a tough group!
I had no idea I was committing such an egregious error.
I'm just a 50+ regular person who was turned on to Alfa's 18 years ago and now has proudly owned two(1st was a '90 black/black 164S)
Regarding the request for pictures.....go ahead and laugh but I don't know how to put pics on the computer. My HP has Windows 98 & I'm still on dial-up. What does that say about me? I will attempt to get someone to show me how to do it.
However, I truly do own one of those 50 last imported 164Q's. I REALLY hate to sell, she's my pride & joy, but I'm finding it difficult to maintain her.
I want the car to go to someone who appreciates what it is. She's not in "pristine" shape but with a little 'spit & polish' (plus some fog lights) anyone would be proud to own her. Never wrecked, no rust, interior perfect, no dents, gas cap needs to be opened by the emergency pull in the trunk and the antenna remains up because I couldn't find a motor to replace it.
I asked $11,000 or B/O because I've never done anything like this before.
If anyone is truly interested in saving this car, please e-mail me. I'll give you my phone number & send you pictures.
Ciao. PittsburghPAM

However,

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Pam remember your Latin?

Illigitimus non carborundum?

Seriously, the gang here can be a bit gruff at times but they are gruff to everyone (even to ourselves!) . We sometimes forget that others are not as conversant on the ins-n-outs of the BB culture, much less computer savvy!

I do hope you can find someone out your way to save your Q. Chris Boles here maintains a list of all the known Q's in USA so he would like to add yours if you would allow. I will keep my ears open for you for prospective Q buyers!

Welcome to the gang -- now that you're baptised, feel free to give it right back to us!

In good fun and health

goats

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Now that you have been initiated, I'm sure between the group we can come up with a deserving buyer!

Welcome!
:)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Thanks Goats for the endorsement on the 164Q Register. Maybe someone can help Pam get her pictures posted to the BB. Each Q of the 95, 1995 cars is special. I am sure someone is going to enjoy Pams' car and will find a great home. :)

BTW...here is the 164 Register.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pam - how do I correspond with you? I sent an email through the bb, but people don't always get those messages. My email is jimcheney(at)hotmail.com

Christopher - you're missing a tag in your html, so the page displays as script.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Christopher - you're missing a tag in your html, so the page displays as script.
You must be using FireFox or some other browser. The page has a shtml extension, FireFox treats it as plain text so the html code is displayed. Easiest way is to rename the page back to .html (if it does not require some software to regenerate the data at the server side) or add a content tag to indicate it should be displayed as html.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
thanks for the update on the page. I will see if I can rename it and make it work for everyone. I did not know there was a problem with other browsers.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
It does the same thing with Netscape 7.1 -- displays as text. But if I save it and re-display it, it does just fine whether saved as a .html file or a .shtml file. (Christopher, it's done this since you first pointed me toward the register pages, but I never mentioned it because I thought it was a problem you'd eventually discover, and here it is!)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I am making a new page that should work like a regular HTML page and easier to view. I am also updating the Q register. I will post when I get it loaded up to the server.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Greetings Fellow Alfa Lovers,

Thanks for welcoming me into your group. I'm just glad there was no 'hazing' involved with my initiation!

Seriously, any legitimate organization should have standards and the credibility of newcomers must be verified. As such, I have given all info to Christopher so my Q can be added to the registry. He said that she is #12.

I don't need to sell immediately, but I'll be back in the near future with more complete info & pics. You've given me the incentive to upgrade my computer skills. Now I just need to upgrade my cell phone....it's an analog!!!

If you could keep your ears open for any prospective buyers I would appreciate it. I'll still be on the BB.

Thanks, PittsburghPam

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pam - how do I correspond with you? I sent an email through the bb, but people don't always get those messages. My email is jimcheney(at)hotmail.com
Pam - Once again, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to communicate with you!

I'm most interested if you are the original owner and have service history and documents to accompany the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts