Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am reluctantly selling my '95Q. 107k miles, red exterior, black leather, 5-speed of course.
VIN is ZARED33R5S6314769.

This car was the last 164 off the last boat from Italy. The President of FIAT N.A. requistioned the car and it was originally titled as a fleet vehicle. I have a document from this owner stating the cars status.

The car was in Mass. for its first few years. Then it was moved to Phoenix. I bought it last September and drove it back to CT. Jason Minos is familiar with the car and can speak to its condition and history.

The good news: New tires (one month old!), 17" GTA rims-just straightened, alignment done 4 weeks ago. All new AC parts this spring - compressor, condensor, evaporator, etc. etc., new 02 sensor, thermostat, hoses, new serpentine belt and both tensioners. Brakes are good. Front suspension has new lower control arms, new outer tie-rod ends, new ball joints and new strut bearings. Electronic shocks work and have no leaks. Clutch slave and hose are new. The interior is in great shape. Factory CD changer in place and working. Absolutely no rust. Squadra chip and Magnoflow rear section - very sweet sound, great power. Many other parts were replaced before mu ownership; rear cross member (bent by a lift), brake master, clutch, cam belt done at 90k. Car has custom made oversized AL radiator. B&G loweriing springs included but not installed.

The bad news: Body has a few dings, steering wheel is worn, paint on front bumper and sun roof is oxidizing. The engine is an unknown. Starts fine, runs very strong, but the rear heads' plugs are oil fowling and the engine is burning oil. Several people vote for head problems, others say rings.

Asking $5k as-is. I can replace the motor with a known good 24V motor, in which case asking price is $8k. Car is definately drivable, but I would suggest trailering of over a few hundred miles.

Please e-mail me with any questions, [email protected]

photo's will be posted ASAP.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
I can vouch for the car being the last serial number of the 95 cars brought in by the register. Sorry to hear you are having to sell the car. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts