Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, it's a sad day! We've decided to put our beloved Quad up for sale due to a new baby. We're a two Alfa family and we just don't drive her enough.
She's a beautiful silver in absolutely stunning condition. I searched for this car for 12 years and finally found it 2 weeks before we found out we were pregnant! We held on as long as we could but are now in search of another option.
46,160 original miles, Stebro exhaust, newer brakes, newer clutch, ice cold A/C, currently serviced at Group 2 in Seattle. They know the car and recently said, "the car needs nothing". Has updated Kenwood stereo but also has the original cassette deck. All manuals included in very nice condition. I do have some records but many were not provided. Just spent $400 on new slave and master cylinders.
- It has a clean Carfax if you'd like to check- VIN: ZARBA5566H1052888
- Also included are a cover and hardtop stand. I've seen many Quads through the years and everyone who sees it agrees it's one of the nicest you'll find.
"The Bad"- this is a short list but I'll mention it anyways.
- There a small ding/crack in the top but you hardly notice it. Wouldn't take much to fill/paint.
- No vinyl cover for the top down.
- It has a foggy spot in the corner of the windshield that was explained to me as "Italian glass". : )

Asking $10,000

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you guys think? No one's interested in a nice Quad? I fear it will go to a non-Alfisti!

·
Registered
61 Posts
"Foggy Glass"

Hmmm - looks like my brother's old car. His last name is Smith. He lives South of Olympia, WA. You did an excellent job on your pics - so many people don't want to show what the driver's seat really looks like. Funny thing about the glass - I have "fog" in both lower corners of the windshield of my '87 Spider Veloce. 1987 must have been a bad year for "Italian glass." Looks nice - I would be interested but can only handle one Alfa at a time.:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be? As far as I know it's a local car. Yeah, I talked to two other guys with similar silver Quads and they both had the "foggy" glass too. Any idea what a replacement cost would be? Also, anyone know where the best place to get a cover for the top down? I've seen them out there but don't know who makes the most original one. Are the Quad ones all black?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I saw this car today, and it looks even better in the "flesh." What a beautiful example. I hope it goes to a nice Alfa friendly home.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the input Ron!
I picked up the car yesterday from Group 2 where it had the slave and master cylinder replaced ($400). It wasn't shifting well enough so I had them go through it once again. After the master was replaced, it's a whole new experience!:D
Well done guys! Have fun at the track event today!
Now my wife is giving me a hard time about selling it. Anyone interested in a nice stock, sorted GTV6? :)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Could be? As far as I know it's a local car. Yeah, I talked to two other guys with similar silver Quads and they both had the "foggy" glass too. Any idea what a replacement cost would be? Also, anyone know where the best place to get a cover for the top down? I've seen them out there but don't know who makes the most original one. Are the Quad ones all black?
I just joined the board after buying an 88 Silver Quad on EBay in New Jersey and had it shipped to Tennessee where I live. I too have the Italian Cloud in the passenger corner of the windshield. This is my second spider, and I love this one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Car is for sale again. The wife decided it was ok to let it go!:)
Cell: 626 644 2580
Car is located in Seattle
Will trade up or down for very nice Milano Verde.

Thanks guys,

Patrick

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One person asked to see the crack in the hardtop. Here's an image - the ding is much smaller than the tip of my finger and then flares out from there a bit. It looks like someone just dinged it while handling it. You actually have to look really hard to notice it.
Also, exhaust image...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
is this spider still for sale? love the low mileage it looks like a great car!

currently looking for a spider that can be an everyday car.

doug hunt

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Qaud needs new home!!!

Sorry for the late response...
The car is still for sale. It's definitely daily material..it's solid and reliable. As noted above I've lowered the price - give me 9k and she yours. I bought yet another car AND we're moving so she's gotta go!

Patrick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts