Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Pictures up. Thanks for looking. Any questions please call or e-mail.

Thanks
Jason

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP, anyone interested? really nice car.
thx

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still for sale, any interests...at all? Very nice car.
J

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Jason-
Are you getting any behind-the scenes interest? That looks like an excellent deal to me. I tried to get my brother in Lake Havasu City to take a look, but he is filing for a divorce as we speak. Not a good time to add assets! Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason-
Are you getting any behind-the scenes interest? That looks like an excellent deal to me. I tried to get my brother in Lake Havasu City to take a look, but he is filing for a divorce as we speak. Not a good time to add assets! Good luck with it!
Thanks Jeff.
Still for sale. No interests. Kind of strange? The car is in great condition!
Someone please take this car.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price REDUCED! Please make me a nice offer on this nice car.

Needs a good home.
jason

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please make me an offer, car needs to go.

Still for sale....

Price reduced to $4500

Thanks
Jason

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is one nice looking Spider. I love black Alfas. I like red too, but black just looks a little more aggresive.
Yeah it is a nice one for sure. I was amazed at how nice it was when I sat in it and drove it.
It may be sold. Sale pending.
Jason

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It kills me how cheap we sell these cars!
Regards,
Jeff
It sold today for $4000.00

The CE sold today as well for $19,500. Good day. :)
But yes!!

S

·
0 Posts
It kills me how cheap we sell these cars!
Regards,
Jeff
Well, Jeff, I hear you, but it worked out for me. I will announce that I am the new owner, and I will be bringing her to mint condition after my Project GTV-6 is completed.

The truth is, I couldn't afford to buy this or any Alfa right now, as I have an untouchable budget for the performance upgrades to my recent GTV-6 purchase, which will be undergoing massive upgrading, to include RSR suspension, Giro brakes, and an engine overhaul from 2.5 to 2.8 (200+hp). That's a huge investment.

But recently, I became aware of Charlie Dimarco's "Serpent Spider" (which he sold a couple years ago), and after seeing it I decided that I absolutely wanted a black Spider companion to my black GTV-6, replete with the same Serpent Type 3 wheels that Charlie (and countless others) installed (it's the most beautiful wheel for the Spider IMHO).

When I saw this Spider after it was "bumped" up, I became intrigued. I made some inquiries about Alfissimo, and the references came back golden. Because this particular example was, by all appearances, a great candidate to return to mint and add performance upgrades, I decided to act.

If there's one thing I have learned (the hard way) after several months of pursuing GTV-sixes, and getting into (and thankfully out of) one bad deal after another, good opportunities don't come around every day. It has as much to do with the quality of the person one is buying from as it does the quality of the example.

I felt like now was the time to act in acquiring a little sister and companion for my GTV-6 - I had the right seller, at the right price, and a Spider with tons of potential and her best days in front of her, God willing.

I want the Spider lovers out there to know that while I describe this beautiful, black Spider as a "little sis" to the GTV-6, she will get every bit of the love and determination that her big sis will enjoy. On that, you have my promise. In fact, I have already arranged the purchase of a new canvas top (from Jason at Alfissimo, of course), and new top-rated Michelins are to be mounted within days. Amazing how quickly $4000 became $5000 (smile). I hope you will accept me into the Spider family, just as I have been accepted into the GTV-6 family, and the greater Alfa family as a whole. Thanks, Jason, and everyone.

Onward and upward.

David B.
1986 Spider Veloce (black-53k)
1986 GTV-6 (black-62k)

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks, George. I've been there, this was actually difficult to pull off because of my Project GTV-6, but I felt like it was a good opportunity. I'm driving her back to her native California on Thursday, and I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. I'll try to take some picture's, as well.

Thanks.

David B.
1986 Spider (Black-53k)
1986 GTV-6 (Black-62k)

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks, Jeff, hey this will be my first time driving an Alfa Spider, what kind of gas does one typically use? 91? 89?

Thanks

David B.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts