Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am thinking about selling my spider again. $7500OBO let me know who wants pictures. Car runs great (those of you who remember I had a fuel problem that was plaguing me. It has been fixed and the car runs great!) and I would drive it to work more often but that **** rain here is non-stop! At anyrate, be gentle.

Publio

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, that's a premium price for a car with no pictures, no mention of hard top, no idea where the car is located, no idea of body condition, no mileage, no mention of what it needs.

We're doing you a courtesy by not being interested. You are definitely not a motivated seller, so you really should keep the car. Besides, when the rain stops next week and you put the top down, you'll forget all about it. :cool:

Tim

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Very well said.

Well, that's a premium price for a car with no pictures, no mention of hard top, no idea where the car is located, no idea of body condition, no mileage, no mention of what it needs.

We're doing you a courtesy by not being interested. You are definitely not a motivated seller, so you really should keep the car. Besides, when the rain stops next week and you put the top down, you'll forget all about it. :cool:

Tim

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You might try selling on eBay. I've sold a bunch of cars there and it's painless.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I might go that route. I wasnt expecting so much flak, usually its more friendly here.

Thanks again Geezer.
Publio

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You really ought to give more details on the car...
-condition
-history
-rust?
-what needs addressing?
-what else is included?

etc.... I'm in the market for a Spider and might be interested in yours, although I think it's a bit out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, things have been stressed around here. I probably read into it.

Mileage: 103K+
Condition: Not a dent. It does have a few things that could be better ( electric mirrors don't work and the speedo doesn't work)
History: well I bought it from a lady in south florida who didn't tell me everything about the car. Subsequently i had to fix the things she "left out". I have replaced the clutch slave, left rear brake line, rear wheel bearings, rotors turned and new pads, new intake hose, new rear view mirror, new tie rod ends, new starter, new little hose in fuel tank {that one was a show stopper for about 6 months for diagnosis}, cant rember what else off the top of my head.)
Rust: only rust I have found is in the spare wheel well. Otherwise it looks like the PO spent some effort to eliminate it everywhere else. I have spent some time underneath and it is pretty rust free. I have had Alfettas, GTV6s and Milanos and i was amazed at the overall condition under this car. Looks also like the PO put a new exhaust on the car.
What needs adressing: the Speedo, I cant get it to work. could use an alignment and one ball joint on the right side. It was on my list cause I am slightly crazy that way. My Milano I replaced EVERY suspension component. Made me feel safer knowing exactly what was going on under the car. I haven't had the time to do that to this car. THe right window stopped working and windshield sprayers dont work. Also, the PO changes the interior to all black. I like it better than the red and grey but to be "correct" it needs to be changed . Otherwise it looks real good.
What else is included: Just a few spare parts. I have the rest of the Tie rod ends and some odd and ends parts.

Let me know if there are any other questions....

Publio

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
No hardtop? Do you have some interior shots? Silver IS my favorite color...
Charles

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry no hard top. I agree, the Quads need to be silver as 1750's need to be red. Here are some pics of the engine and interior. I used my wife's camera so they are not great pictures. I'll have to get her to take them. Her camera is beyond my experience level.

Publio

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i am going to try to sell her locally. If anyone is interested drop me a pm.

Publio

1 - 15 of 15 Posts