Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right- it's an Alfa liquidation! I'm selling both the Quad and the GTV6 in hopes of finding a 4 door- will trade for very nice Milano Verde.

The details:
1985 Alfa GTV6 2.5
94,xxx miles
VIN: ZARAA6691F1006960

Everything works! Cold A/C, manual sunroof works perfectly, very nice headliner, immaculate leather Recaros, very nice rust free car, original TRX wheels included (if you care to ever use them), original radio (works great), electric windows work great!, lighter works, side mirror controls work, no cracks/dings in windshield, fog lights work great, brakes are good.
I've spent over $2,000 in the last year sorting the few problems this car had:
- Came with Metric TRX wheels so I changed them to standard Alfa wheels. The tires have less than 2k miles.
- Timing belt @ 93K
- New stainless brake lines @ 93K
- New Heater valve
- New IAP logo floor mats
- Many hoses replaced
- Other misc. items
- Includes car cover.

It's an Alfa so it has a couple minor issues which I have not yet gotten to:
- Paint has light clear coat issue on roof and small areas on hood. I took it to a body shop and got a quote of $850 to respray/match that area. Ultimately he told me he would not do it since it will take another ten years for it to really matter.
- May need a clutch plate soon.
- The ashtray is missing the handle piece.
- Does have a couple cracks in top of dash.

Car is also serviced at Group 2 in Seattle and they know it well. This car with a few upgrades could be a 10-$12,000 original car.

Thanks for looking,

Patrick
C: 626 644 2580
[email protected]

Asking $8,500 obo
Please offer up your thoughts! I will post additional pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I have personally been in (and all-over) this car! Somebody should buy it! Great price and a VERY clean car! Well worth 10!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Fantastic to see a GTV6 in this kind of shape!

I have to ask, are those OEM wheels the OEM wheel color?? They look outstandingly silver! If they're refinished, I'd love to know what process (paint? powder coated?) and what color?

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a real gem...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've seen this car too. BEST original black GTV6 I've seen, simply incredible. If I weren't looking for something to molest a bit, I'd be scrapping to get it myself. This is a great deal for some lucky one!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind remarks fellas!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so...I hope it goes to a nice home.

Regarding the wheels: Group 2 supplied the donor wheels which they sand blasted and painted. I'm not sure what they used but it's something they carry. My plan was to use these until I got something fancy on there. I just wanted to get those TRX ones off since all the tires were bald and it would've been $300/tire to replace. It just didn't make sense. I would rather put the $1200 into some nice aftermarket wheels. If it were me, I'd drop the front and put some gloss black 17in wheels with maybe a gold accent to highlight the script on the body and mats. Add a new Ansa and MAN, sweet car all around!!! :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks for the info! Any chance you can find out what the paint color is? Or hit me with enough information to allow me to find out myself from Group 2? I'm in the midst of refinishing some of those OEM wheels myself, and would love for them to turn out like those!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'll ask them next time I talk to them..unless JungleJustice knows which paint I mean and can comment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is the question about the wheel colour? If G2 painted them it's Wurth Silver Laquer spray. Looks really nice for OEM-looking applications, and they usually have it in stock ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I'm not sure where it was sold new but I know it was bought used in 1989 at Ferrari of Seattle. Those people owned it for 13 years, I believe until 2002/2003.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gtv6 Needs New Home!!!

Make me a reasonable offer...I've lowered the price to $8,000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How about a couple of close ups of the cracks in the dash and the console where the ash tray is missing something and the top of the car where the clear coat is pealing. Also you mentioned that the wheels were painted or were they powder coated? I have owned three gtv6s over the years and just can't seem to get them out of my system. Does the car need anything else other than a must have anza? How is the catalitic converter?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I will post some more pics...
To clarify, I looked at the ashtray again and referenced another one and what actually happened is someone drilled two small holes in the face of it possibly to mount something. I think the cat is fine. The wheels were painted - this was covered earlier in the thread. Yes, it is calling outloud for an Ansa!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts