Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not planning on doing this, but the opportunity to purchase another Alfa cropped up so I am testing the waters on selling my GTV6. IM me for more photos or information.

I bought the car in 2007 from Mike Besic. At the time, it was one owner vehicle that had been in storage for more than a decade and had just over 17,000 miles. The original owner purchased the vehicle as a weekend track car, and it was very rarely used. It currently has about 23,000 miles.

The vehicle has a Shankle Sport suspension with HD springs, 1 inch torsion bars, HD sway bars and Spax adjustable shocks. All rubber has been updated with poly bushings from Performatek as well. Other performance mods include rare Shankle fiberglass bumpers, Ronal A-1 wheels, vented rear disk brakes and SS brake lines. Engine runs strong, and the gearbox shifts very nicely one with what I think is the original twin disk clutch.

The interior is in excellent condition. It has a period Momo steering wheel, but I have the original wheel to go along with the car. No cracks on the dash and the air conditioner even works!

Only negatives to the car are:

1. There is a flat spot on one of tires which I was going to replace when it gets out of storage.

2. The paint on the fibreglass bumpers and license plate surround should be refreshed.

3. There is a small ding behind the drivers door.

At the 2008 Alfa Convention in Chicago, the car scored 94+ points at the concours. Most of the deducts were for the non-original parts, and it was the third highest scoring car out of 11 being judged in the category. It also ran great at the track.

I asking $15,000 for the vehicle. High perhaps, but this one is worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow ... very nice! How fat are those tires?

Would love to have it, but a little out of my league.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pretty car ... wish had had money to burn... I do have a general question... I have never heard of the shankle fiberglass bumpers until the last month. Now, I have noticed two or three of the cars advertised on the forum have them. Is this just a cover for the stock bumpers or its own, complete animal?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Shankle fiberglass bumpers replace the stock 5-mph bumpers and bumper mounts and shave about 100 pounds in weight. They have the same general shape as the stock bumpers, but of course are less than worthless in an accident. You can see a close-up of the front bumper in the fifth picture from the top.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Where did you get those ronals?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Zinhead,

Just sent you a PM. Please check.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Wow,, That's all I can say, just Wow.
What a sweet GTV6. A very Fair price for a great car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts