Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body and Interior true to 1971 series II 1750 and complete. all trim perfect with only patina showing on original driver's side mirror, windshield frame and side markers. Paint and body appear excellent from 10 feet with exception of driver's door crease that can be seen from 20.

Mechanically, this car is as fast and fun as you can make a daily driver and still want to take it on a 300 mile drive. My growing family makes me cut back to just my Giulia Spider Veloce again. Please take care of this GTV until I can justify buying it back from you when they are in college.

PA060001.jpg

Engine: (outdated photo before some of the upgrades below)
High Output Alfa Ricambi 2000 (Colombo & Bariani cams)
Wes Ingram SPICA pump
CompuFire direct coil ignition
Tubular 4-2-1 headers, Ansa twin tip exhaust system
3 row radiator, electronic fan
Gel Cell battery in trunk
Higher output Bosch alternator with internal regulator
...much more.

PA060021.jpg

Moly 5 spd with perfect synchros, closer ratios due to shorter final drive and no leaks.

Limited Slip Diff with rebuilt clutch pack, new Guibo and U-joints.

Ward & Deane springs, Shankle front & rear sway bars, Koni classics, fresh bushings and tie rod ends.

Totally upgraded brake system with carbon metalic pads up front, braded stainess lines, perfect booster, master, calipers and rotors. Even the parking brake is flawless.

Other tasty bits:
Shankle heel & toe kit
Shankle Sure Start actuator
Centerline black leather wheel (have orignal mahogany)
Acumeter round Air/Fuel mix gauge in console (matches Jaegers)
Giulietta knurled hex cam cover bolts
Cloisonnet Alfa badges front and rear
TRUE magnesium alloy Cromodora Daytonas (old style - perfect)
"Yosemite" environmental plates read "AL40MEO"
Alpine CD/Text/Receiver (removable face plate) 4 Polk Audio spkrs, auto ant.
Fresh 205/60HR/14 Falken Ziex tires
New OEM driver's seat upholstery from Re-Originals not yet installed.

Please email [email protected] for access to full details and photos
or call 650-325-1436 Car is in Palo Alto, California. Serious Alfisti only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I already have an appointment with a Bay Area buyer to see and drive it on Friday. If anyone else is interested, please speak up. More photos and narrative at www1.snapfish.com/groups/alfa-gtv-for-sale

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Always good to look at these things but that sounds like a (VG) starting point:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price is $10,000 or best offer

Sorry I left that out, guys. I am nearing 50 and so is my Spider - eventually even the chrome goes.

Since 1975 I have always had that first Alfa and always will. A previous 1750 GTV came and went during college, then a '79 Sprint Veloce for 8 more years, then this GTV for the past 5. I am a sentimental ideot, and this one will have to go to an owner who knows Alfas, and really wants to enjoy this one carefully. Currently, there are 3 such callers who fit that description and two have plans to see it on Friday. This is not an auction, but $10K may be a bit low.

Thanks,
Tim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This car will be sold on Friday, November 9th.

So far, 4 incredibly knowledgable alfisti have inspected and driven this car. I have committed to all that I will choose the best home for it this Friday. There is one offer still not yet placed, but things look very good. If you have been quiet on the sidelines, there will not be a second chance at this car anytime soon. Please speak up now, because the next owner will be a long term caretaker, not a flip artist.

Soon I will be focused back on that Giulia.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
So you mean that because you're approaching 50 years old you can't drive a GTV anymore?......just kidding...looks very, very nice....whoever gets the car will be a lucky man!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SOLD, to a very good home.

I am proud to say that my 5 years of ownership of this fine car has come to another happy new stage. I reached agreement with a fellow BBer and loyal Alfista for my asking price after a full inspection and test drive by Conrad Stevenson in Berkeley, since he was closer to Palo Alto than the new owner.

This Bulletin Board forum can score another success in keeping Alfas among those who will continue to improve and appreciate them.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Tim,
Congrats on the painless sale, hopefully to a good home. Now, how about pix of that Spider? Assuming this is currently a driver, what's the next phase?
Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Focus

NOT for sale: I've owned the white one since '75. Here it is among many others at Concorso Italiano a few years ago. I bought it from the first owner, a neighbor, when I was 15, for $600. ...I am old.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts