Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 69 Alfa Romeo - spider - Ithaca NY

I been reading about guys paying 24K and can not understand why this is being passed up on. I have gone to the dark side and purchase a TR 250. I am willing to lower the price by thousands of dollars. Back to 11,000.
The reason is I have had this car for over 28 years and I want it to go to someone who will keep the car.
These pictures were taken last sept. I only drove the car to Walkins Glenn this year and short trips around town. Paint job looks good from 5 ft away. The replacment dash board cap has a crack in it now. Call me at 607.256.3612 or 607.279.7436 if you want more info. Next spring I am going to list it on Ebay. Note: it is almost time for me to put it away for the winter. So if you are looking at this after Nov 14, 2008 call me next spring.

**********************************************************************************
I wanted 12,000 dollars or best offer. I have had this car since 1981. I am the third owner. Runs great Looks good no real issues. Let me know if you want to see other pictures.

Update!!!!!

Just seeing if anyone is looking for a 69 boat tail... I just updated the pictures this weekend. Before going to Walkins Glenn two weeks ago I buff and wax the paint on the car. Also replaced the master brake and slave cylinders and purchase new tires all around. I decided to update this ad and rasie the price. Nice guy. $14,500 dollars or best price (Photos from today)
Note: I have other photos on request.

Note:I bought this car from owner of Volvo Spec. Rockville, MD in March of 81. He removed the brake boosters. Windshield washer bag missing. Car has less then 20,000 miles on rebuilt engine. Rebuilt by Milan Motors in Kensington, MD. Heater hoses are missing. A 2000 Alfa ignition replaces original. Also 2000 starter. New clutch was replaced a few years ago. Does not grind in second gear. Car was painted 10 years ago including new interior. We striped it down to metal. Lacquered paint job. Some nicks in paint and also there exists about the size of a quarter some bubbles in the paint were a piece of Bronze was welded into metal by a pervious owner. Go figure. Due to a bad job welding job fixing the right rocker panel, there exists a small gap between the bottom of door and panel. You can only see this from the inside. Has dash replacement cap on it with 1 crack. No major accidents except when my wife, while parking slowly, backed my Volvo into the front of the car. Very minor. This was also repaired by Milano Motors. For more details call me at 607 256 3612 or e-mail me at [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
i am willing to pay good money for a total restored duetto, you are right 12k will not buy a properly restored car. good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still for sale... But now 14,000 or best offer...

Just seeing if anyone is looking for a 69 boat tail... I will update the pictures this weekend. Before going to Walkins Glenn two weeks ago I buff and wax the paint on the car. Also replaced the master brake and slave cylinders. I decided to update this ad and rasie the price. Nice guy.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
interior looks sharp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please check out updated photos.

·
Registered
56 Posts
any pictures of the underside? Frame rails, front crossmember, floor pans and spare tire well would be nice to see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
69 alfa for sale...

Yes, send me your email address and I will send them to you.. use my e-mail in the bb thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trying to get this out there again...

Not sure if this will work...

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Looks like not too bad a car. Have you thought about e-bay to move it? and I would agree that underside pics will have to be posted as well...full disclosure usually works out best for everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts