Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of Jongbloed 213 wheels, made in May of 1983, sitting around that I really just want to get out of. Was going to get the holes filled and re-drilled from 4x108 to 4x100 so I could run them on my VW but can't bring myself to do it. Plus I need the money for my move from MI to CA next month.

Since I purchased them I've disassembled, had the centers media blasted with a mix of walnut shell and #10 glass bead, got the lips polished (there were no curb marks so they came out perfect), and wire-wheeled the barrels.

They appear to have forged centers with spun lips and barrels. You'll probably never see another set of these again in your life. ;)

If you want wider lips they are still available from Jongbloed in any size.

Would like to see $1000 obo out of them. Thanks!

*edit* Regardless of what people say here, I called Jongbloed, gave them the wheel specs with pictures, and they confirmed that the wheels were most likely originally made for old Alfa GTVs (which use FWD offset)... Thanks for pooping on my thread.

When I got them (still had the 24yr old stickers):

Centers and barrels stripped:

Polished lips (the face sits over the bolts so that isn't polished):

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB, HyKlas?

I would like to ask a couple of questions:
1. How much does one wheel weigh?
2. Are you selling them disassembled, or are they back together?

Best regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. :)

1: I'll edit this post later with weight.
2: They're disassembled so the buyer can powdercoat whatever color they want.

They do not come with any of the 72 outer bolts either. I didn't get around to purchasing them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am very interseted but do not understand the offset. Is ET38 mean 38mm to the outside of the centerline of the wheel? My estimate is roughly 5" from the mounting surface to the inner lip? Did these actually fit on an Alfa?

Andy Besic

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
ET is from the centerline to the mounting face. To get the backspace, it is the offset (et) + half the wheel width. You are right, it is roughly 5".

I am running a 38mm offset in a 16x7 wheel on my 74 GTV. It rubbed on the rear inner fender and on the front on one of the steering arms at full lock. It also looked like a VW bug with the wheels tucked in. I put 8mm spacers and got rid of the rubbing, but still didn't look quite right. I am now going to a 30mm offset and will still put on a few mm of spacers.

The original steel wheel came with a 38mm offset, but they were 5.5" wide wheels. On a 7" wide wheel, they could be a FWD application. I'm pretty sure the ones I got in 38mm were intended for FWD cars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE Iachella's info. That is what I was afraid of. To put 225/50/15 race tires on there I would have to put in a 15-20mm spacer or buy new halves....I guess I'm out then.

Andy

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Andy, wish I would have known you wanted some about a year ago. I sold a set of 15x7 Jongbloeds on ebay for $500 or so. They came off a race spider that Spruell ran.

Erik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys... What's the factory width and offset on Spider wheels? I really have no idea what these wheels were made to fit.

*edit* Oh yeah. They weigh 15.8lbs each without bolts and sealant so probably 17lbs with that stuff.

*edit again* Wait... If the factory wheel is 5.5" wide with 38mm offset, that means a 7" wide wheel with 38mm offset would put .75" more on the inside and .75" more on the outside. Why your wheels looked tucked is beyond me since they'll actually stick out that much further than a 5.5" w/ 38mm offset.

genericwood said:
I sold a set of 15x7 Jongbloeds on ebay for $500 or so. They came off a race spider that Spruell ran.
You remember the offset of those?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a set of these on my 75 scirocco. I'm tempted to get them so I can have spare centers. Alas thats a lot of dollaz for spare parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts