Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new Alfa adventure is dialing my number so I am selling one, and maybe two, of my beloved Spiders.

#1: 1991 Spider Veloce Automatic, answers to "Serena," very rare car, less than 800 built 1991-1993. Photos at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/1991 Green with tan leather, and about 70,000 miles. The car had new paint when I got it but a tiny ding in the front so being a perfectionist I wound up stripping and repainting it from the windshield forward just last month. The car also has a new tan cloth top from Duetto motors, new windshield, new battery, new Pirelli P6000 tires, all since May. The automatic tranny is a ZF unit modified from the BMW 3-series. It suits the car well and works great. This car looks so good my best friend is using it in his wedding Sept. 9, after which it is available. It's not easy to find a good automatic Spider for under $10,000 and as rare as they are they should be worth more, so how does $8,200 OBO sound?

#2: 1983 Spider Veloce, answers to "Rinata." Photos at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/Rinata This is my favorite modern Spider ever and I am only very reluctantly even thinking of selling her. Bare metal restoration 2006, repainted the original Celeste Blue Metallico #365 with blue interior. New custom blue cloth top from Duetto Motors. Deep blue metallic hardtop to match interior. Interior refurbished with new seats and refinished original wood steering wheel. All instruments work, so do power windows. Roll bar installed when the car was new. Excellent CD stereo with wakeboard speakers mounted to the rollbar for terrific top-down sound. IAP performance headers, performance air filter setup, new shocks, valve adjustment, and all maintenance up to date. This car came in 2nd in Class F by 2 seconds at the 2007 AROC Convention time trials, then earned 79.3 points in the concours the next day. Oh, and it drove 1,100 trouble-free miles to and from the Convention and could do it again tomorrow. 112,000 miles total, completely documented with a binder full of documents through three owners. I am nuts to even think about selling Rinata but offers over $10,000 (including hardtop and spare set of seats) are welcome.

3) I also have a 1991 silver 164L with a lot of nice features, a good looking, nice running car, available for $3,200 OBO. A/C, CD stereo, grey leather, sunroof.

Thanks a million!
Brewster

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:( Just plain sad when you have to sell 2 of your children. Good luck in the sale(s).:)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
the green automatic alfa - is the whole car repainted? the doors and front look like a different shade.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Brewster originally stated he repainted it from the windshield forward just last month. That (or the photo) might account for the difference.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Answers on the Alfas

The 1991 Automatic was freshly repainted when I bought it, but on the front there was a one-inch dent and the nose and bumper had not been properly sanded. I stripped everything from the windshield forward, got it as nice as I wanted it, primed it and had it painted. My shop is excellent and they got the color dead on... which the other shop had not, thus there is a subtle difference in the paint from the windshield forwar vs. the windshield back. That is part of why the price is $8,200 OBO.

As to Alex's question about what other Alfa project, I have decided this fall/winter is the time to do some long anticipated work on my '61 Giulietta Spider, Bella Teodora, and return her to her original gray paint color after three decades of being red. Selling the green automatic will fund that. Selling the '83 would allow me to get a good tow vehicle, but that is a low priority and that car is only for sale if it is worth more to someone else than it is to me. I adore that car but my wife hates it, and we both like her red '91.

(Thus no sympathy is needed--I'll still have 2-3 Alfas minimum!)

Cheers,
Brewster

·
Registered
520 Posts
where is the seller located?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cars are in Arlington VA

My bad! I forgot to say where I am. Arlington, VA, which is six miles west of Washington, D.C. I am very open to helping with delivery, either personally or by loading the car if you sent a shipper, or best of all meeting a buyer when they come to the DC area. All of these cars are ready to drive cross-country, and if you wanted anything checked or modified before a trip I could arrange to have it done by good, affordable Alfa techs here. As to shipping, I have shipped cars cross-country for $800-$1,000 and to Florida for about $500.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
164L for sale

I have photos and information on the 164L at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/164L

Don't worry about the asking price, I am eager to sell this car and all offers including trades are welcome. My friend Jack left it with me when he moved to Israel and I love the car but it is one too many in the fleet right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts