Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Milano needs to go. Had it since December of '98, has served me very well as a daily driver and even travel (Oregon in 2000). Always garaged, always serviced at Alfa Performance Connection in Orange County, replaced every part with OEM as needed.
Featured in european car magazine November 2001 and December 2002.
313,700 miles total.
Engine has 40k miles on new rebuild.
Replaced timing belt 6 months ago (1200 miles)No oil leaks, no oil consumption. Mechanically needs nothing.
S cams
New battery
New radiator
SZ stainless steel headers, Ansa exhaust
Very cold a/c with new conversion to R234A.
SuspensionYellow Konis, Shankle sport torsion bars,sway bars and springs. Porterfield RS pads. ABS removed completely. Team Dynamics 16" wheels with Kumho Eksta tires with less than 10k miles on them.
Exterior:Black with black interior. Needs new paint to look really great. No rust. One wheel Verde fender flare needs replacement (I have it). Sun roof works well. Euro driving lights, with H4 bulbs.
Interior:Recaro Seats. Front seats upholstery is a little worn, not torn. No cracks on dash.
Sony radio/CD player with 10 disc CD changer in trunk. Sony speakers and Fosgate amp.
Alarm w/keyless entry.
I have all records. Asking 3,200 usd. Remember the value of the car is not what you pay up front, but what you have paid to bring it to a good running condition. This car needs only a paint job, that's why the BIG drop in price. Needs NO mechanical work. Or you can buy a U$S 500 Milano and spend a lot in repairs. Can pm me for more pictures or details or reasonable offers. email: jmazlumian at roadrunner dot com.
Just discovered a cracked windshield :(, so the price has gone down, again! U$S 3,200

Attachments

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Looks good Jorge!

I think those are Team Dynamics wheels - had the exact wheels on a red Verde a few years back.

Jes

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
End of an era, Jorge :(

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, Nizam. I'll be looking up for the next generation Alfa V6. I have been driving Milanos for 11 years, and this is after having a GTV6 since new in 83.
Jorge
83 GTV6
84 GTV6
88 Verde
89 Verde
73 GTV

·
Registered
362 Posts
Any rust in the rear wheel arches? Have the arches ever been repaired?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any rust in the rear wheel arches? Have the arches ever been repaired?
No rust anywhere. The arches are intact as far as I can tell. The Verde molding on the left rear is broken (little plastic arch to widen the fender), but I have a replacement, only in red. Waiting to install prior to paint job.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Those seats looked a bit better in the European Car article. I was drooling over your car, not the kitted out red Verde in that article!

Good luck!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those seats looked a bit better in the European Car article. I was drooling over your car, not the kitted out red Verde in that article!

Good luck!
Thanks, Grant. Forgot to mention the car had been featured in european car magazine.;) Drool no more and make me an offer I can't refuse.
Jorge

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to remind interested people that the price keeps on going down. The windshield now has a crack on it (who did that?), so I am forced to lower the price even more.
If you have any real interest in the car drop me an offer. I need to sell the car. Have no more space.
Try to find a decent Milano Verde with no mechanical problems for $ 3,000

Jorge

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can't believe no one has bought this car yet.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, if nobody wants the car, it'll go to charity and I'll write it off. Too bad, I have been driving it for several weeks and has no major issues. And its enjoyable to drive, but it's got to go. Make a decent low offer or it goes.
Ciao

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Come on guys. Someone should be able to make use of this car. It is a CA (=rust free) Verde for crying out loud. Somone, please. Wish I had the space.
Jes

·
Registered
11 Posts
how long ago was that article written? It describes the engine having 90k miles on the rebuild but your post says only 40k. HAve you rebuilt it again since then or is it a mispring on their part?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how long ago was that article written? It describes the engine having 90k miles on the rebuild but your post says only 40k. HAve you rebuilt it again since then or is it a mispring on their part?
The ec magazine article was published on November of '03. Since then there was an engine rebuild (due to a blown rod), at Stewart Sandeman's APC in Orange, CA.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts