Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Alfites, this is a repost. Selling my 1987 Quad. I've had it for 16 years and hate to let it go, but i must. Lots of replaced parts, new top, new exhaust, new alternator, new radiator, repainted less than 4 years ago, engine rebuilt about 6 years ago (currently 93K+miles), hard-top included. Body in great condition (a few dings), no rust. Like any 20 year old Alfa, it needs some things fixed to reach "excellent" condition for which i have not time. lots of work. $5,500 (all offers considered).

Link with photos attached.http://members.cox.net/louve/87Quad/index.htm

S

·
0 Posts
Did you resolve the pesky starting issue that you posted about frequently in the past? I know you were looking for a mechanic finally.

Thanks.

David B.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, i did. However, it took an entire re-wiring of the electrical system by London Auto. It wasn't cheap, but it worked. I wish i had done this before i replaced the alternator and a couple of batteries. ANyway, now the Quad has new battery, alternator and wiring--to name a few things..

thanks for asking.

87Quad

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'll vouch for London Auto knowing their Alfas. I'll also vouch for them not being cheap. :rolleyes: Good luck with the sale. I've always liked the Quads in black.

-Jason

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where are you

Hey there

Have you considered parting the car out. i am looking for specific pieces of the car. Where are you located?

Give me a call @ 403 209-0533 or 861-5958. we can chat

Barry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I haven't. It would require time and space which i don't have. This would be a good project for somoeone to take over, however. I'm in the Fairfax (VA) area.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Parting it out!?!?!?! Are you nuts? This is a very rare and very nice car and it is in pretty good shape. Good luck with your sale, I would buy it if I could afford it. However, I just moved into the area and am moving-poor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts