Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: well after many fun times im selling the car... i planned on keeping this car allot longer however a change in my circumstances means i now need to pass it on..

its an 1987 1.5 twin carb with about 35,xxx on the engine and most upgrades and about 2 years on the paint job... all receipts available

when i bought it about 4 years ago it was a different colour, had some minor body damage and some rust... this is a rundown of everything done recently

ENGINE
Rebuilt heads, new exh valves, Welch plugs, Thermostats, Waterpump, all hoses, Coolant system flush, Cambelts, Alternator, Pertronix Electronic ignition (Bosch distributor) and coil, Magnecor leads

FUEL SYSTEM
Re-kitted and tuned Carbs, new cotton braided fuel lines, fuel filler hose, BMC air filter

DRIVELINE
Clutch, 4 Gear synchros, Clutch master and slave cylinder, rebuilt pedal assembly, 4 wheel bearings, L/R inner half shaft bearing and seals

SUSPENSION
KMAC springs, Koni sport shocks (reds)

BRAKES
New front pads, brake lines

BODY
Resprayed in mid 2005, new rear window seals, rear hatch seal

EXTRAS (spares / bodykit neg dep on price)
Super Sprint Muffler, Rear mounted battery (high cold crank rating), Zender Spoiler (installed) Zender bodykit (unpainted), aftermarket seats (originals included), spare front and rear bumpers (inc brackets), Haynes repair manual, Mechanical and body part microfiches

there are two minor mechanical issues - the spedo and odo stoped working about 15xxxkm ago and the rear drums have glazed abit meaning some squealing when first used (car still brakes fine...and drums still have pad left even though glazed)

bodywork issues - there are a couple of small spots of rust that have appeared -all are minor and only one has really just started to crack the paint. they're easy fixes - there is no major rust anywhere in the car.

there are also two sections of weather trim that need to be put back on to really finish it off - i have the trim and even there rubber end caps

Essentially its a very good condition car - very well looked after and maintained... i would not hesitate to drive it anywhere - hopefully someones is on the lookout for a good one! :D

All inspections are welcome and encouraged - i can be contacted at lucas DOT anderson AT internode DOT on DOT net or gimme a call on 0409498077 in the evenings

$5000 AUD ONO

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very nice car. But is this a gold cloverleaf? :confused: Never heard about it. Is that an special modell only for Australia? In europe there`s only the 1300, 1500, 1500 QV and 1700 QV. No Oro.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice car. But is this a gold cloverleaf? :confused: Never heard about it. Is that an special model only for Australia? In europe there`s only the 1300, 1500, 1500 QV and 1700 QV. No Oro.
hi KAS - well spotted... there were no gold clovers only green... my badge was peeling off the green and underneath was gold - so i took the green of... bumpers were also green pinstripe, which i painted black. we never got the 1700 here in aus...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good luck on your sale.

I just wish that Sprints were as well preserved (and maintained!) in Denmark as they are in Australia. Like the front seats as well, the boxer Alfas really benefit from different seats :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck on your sale.

I just wish that Sprints were as well preserved (and maintained!) in Denmark as they are in Australia. Like the front seats as well, the boxer Alfas really benefit from different seats :)
thanks mate - the front seats certainly make the corners easier... the originals dont have much in the way of support :D still i have the originals included... mesh headrests ... very 80's!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts