Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang..I want to preface my remarks by making it clear I am not a car guy and don't know too much about them in general, and Alfas in particular. That being said, I am a vintage motorcycle guy and ended up with this cool alfa in a convoluted motorcycle deal that makes for an interesting story, but not typed here I'm sure.

Anyway...I bought this car sight unseen in September of 04 with every intention of selling it right away ( al ong story) but then I made the mistake of driving it and, well,,it was the closest thing to a morotcycle with 4 wheels I'd ever been in...so I kept it.

Unfortunately, over the next 3 summers I put about 200 miles a summer on it (that's what happens when you have 5 other seasonal rides...) and I have twins that just entered college and...youget the picture. Something has to go, and it's the spider. So let me tell you about it, and if youhave any questions or want some more pictures I'd be glad to send them..I just want a good home for it.

The GOOD: It runs great all the time, only has 43,000 miles on it, never has seen a winter and has been stored it's entire life inside. The top is new (no hard top, sorry) the tires are newer and the interior is very clean and intact. There is a new cd player with speakers in it, but I have the original stereo also. It has a decent tonneau (sp?) cover and a car cover for the garage. There are no dents, dings or scratches and no rust except for the mirrors (go figure?) The tranny and brakes are good, although it has the 2nd gear grind when you're not careful which I guess they all do of that vintage and mileage. With practice and patience it's never a problem for me but I don't try to drag race every souped up celica I see at a stop l ight either.

The Not As Good: The blower motor needs repair or replacement ( which I have been told is not a big job and a common problem) but to be honest I never did it because I never drove the car when I would need heat or air I guess. I don't know if the air works or not as I've never tried it with no blower motor, but it's all there and I see n o reason why it wouldn't with a charge..but not sure. The drivers side power window is anemic, and sometimes has to be manually tugged up t o close. Again, not a big fix but I'm not a car guy and never worried about it. The prior owner, for some bizarre reason, apparantly tried to buff the sh%t out of the car and somehow left a bunch of white marks showing through the paint (Undercoat/primer?) It is wierd, not sure how or why but there are a few spots like this around the car and the car could probably use a paint job although all around the paint is sound with no rust..but it looks funky. I did just have the front muffler replaced which it needed but I kind of liked the race car sound!

Anyway..this is a low mileage quad in good shape that runs like a bear and needs a good home. I'm trying to get what I paid for it (it's a long story, remember)..I'm in WMass area (Springfield) and e-mail with any questions or interest. I am going to try and post pictrures with this post but I'm not sure how to do it so if they don';t come out and you're interested ask and I'll e-mail them to you. I'm asking $5800.00

Thanks

Joel

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks man...my 15 year old daughter found out I had listed the alfa for sale and is pissed at me, so I guess if it doesn't sell she'll be happy anyway. It needs a good home...!!!!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
keep it if you can afford to - you might regret it since it is such a nice car. just looking out for you..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has been sold...the daughter is unhappy but the tuition bills just got a wee bit lighter. It was a great ride while it lasted and I hope the new owner enjoys it more than I was able to>

Thanks for all of the advice and help

Joel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts