Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
69,425 miles--White,black canvas top & black interior. Original paint and interior in excellent condition. Perfectly maintained with recent (6-7k mi.) completely reconditioned cylinder head. Truly in the top 5% of original Series III cars in appearance and mechanically. Not one door ding (some rock chips). Near perfect interior. Runs and drives great. $6750/Offer. Lynchburg, Va.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Holy cow, I have the twin of this car, right down to the mileage and the replacement wood steering wheel!!!

Tim

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim, Perhaps, you would like a spare! This is really a very nice car. I was going to add an ADDENDUM TODAY--A FEW MORE DETAILS: The steering wheel is Luisi ,the shift knob is Nardi (I also have the originals). It has a Blaupunkt Montreal AM/FM/CD with the original speakers--no extra holes cut,etc.It has Firestone Indy tires--less than 10K miles. In the last 20K miles (myself and previous owner) it has a new clutch, motor mounts ,brake pads (Ferrodo front),rebuilt trans (synchros are perfect),new driveshaft donut, and a complete cylinder head rebuild--all new guides ,seals, valves with a three angle valve grind (Krause&England -Raliegh,N.C.). It runs and drives perfectly. Anyone looking for a really nice Alfa--message, e-mail or call 434 386 9698. Rick

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ah, a spare would be great, but I need to save some pennies. Just last night I learned that I might be able get a great deal on a "Jag in a box" restoration project. If it's an XKE, I'm going to need lots of pennies!!!

Tim

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Addendum II--Also included with this very much above average '86 Spider is the original Owner's Manual, Tool Kit and an audio cassette from Alfa Romeo for the new '86 Spider owner discussing Alfa tradition and features and care of the new car. This car was originally sold and serviced at Belmar Alfa Romeo, Belmar, N.J.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"86 Alfa Spider

Doug, Sorry for not replying sooner--I was out of town Friday until a couple hours ago. Yes, the car is still for sale. It is truly a very nice Alfa. If you have questions-- I would be happy to discuss any and all. Rick Reynolds --Lynchburg, Va

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for the reply, as i said i am not in a hurry(want to look at a few)but your car seems really nice and i will definatelly want to consider it.

doug hunt

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'86 Spider

You won't find a nicer Series 3 car. I am retired ,so I would be happy to have you drive the car anytime.You are only a couple hours away--come over and take a look. Rick 434 386 9698

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rick,

You have a great looking car!! If it's still for sale, I'd
love to come look at it. I'll try to call tomorrow to set
something up.

Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
elated new owner

I am very happy to say that I brought this fantastic car home on Sunday. I had a Healey 20 years ago but sold it when some bills came up. For some reason, I got the itch again in the spring and started looking for another car. I remembered Alfas from earlier years and have been a helicopter member of the BB since spring (just hovering). I decided to look at this car and that was all she wrote!! The fun described by people in their posts doesn't compare to what it's like behind the wheel - and the prices seem really low for what you're getting!

I'd like to thank Rick for taking such good care of the car and I was happy to give a finders fee to the BB. I'm not
sure what I'll contribute mechanically (not the best there but will be happy to learn), but you never know.

I included some shots of my wife and I on the Blue Ridge Parkway near our home.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrats, Greg! Welcome to the world of Alfas...

All you need are the chrome rims for the steel wheels... I love the steel wheel look on Alfa Spiders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, Hooligan!!! The rims came with the car, but the previous owner took them off saying that they seemed a little loose and made some noise. I'll see what's up with them this winter.

I've discovered I also need some Italian shoes about 3 sizes too small!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts