Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on a car that I know sold this weekend, I am lowering the price to reflect that sale...

Yes this car is resale red... :D

This is a 1974 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. It is in very good condition and almost completely stock. It drives wonderfully on an, engine that was rebuilt about 6 years and 10,000 miles ago. It has the original SPICA fuel injection and gets 25-30mpg on the highway. The fuel injection pump has been rebuilt by Wes Ingram and has had Marvel Mystery oil inevery tank since. This is the last year of no catalytic converter so the car also has some serious power. I will also throw in some euro cams that will give it even more punch. It drives excellent -- tracks great with no hands on the wheel and brakes do not pull.

The paint was done about 12 years ago and is in very good condition. There are minor chips and scratches, but from 5 feet no one can tell.

Also newer on the car: Seat uphostry Door panels Brake system including all brake lines All rubber in the engine compartment Complete exhaust system with ANSA tailpipe and no center muffler. Sounds great without being too loud. Many suspension bushings have been replaced. Car handles very tight. Newer tires the front tires have at least 3/4 tread and the rears 7/8.

Issues; The car needs a new top. There are two holes in it, but honestly you will hardly ever drive with it up. Dash has one crack, but all '70's Alfa dashes do this and it can be repaired.

I am asking $7900 OBO.

PM me if interested only.

Car is in Carson City NV.

Pictures:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nice car. Now, if you were more in the $7,000 range... Nice project in the garage too.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Forgive my scepticism, but what is this magical dash repair? The only one I know of involves sending $939 plus a $275 core charge to Centerline. Or more to Just Dashes. Or send your old dash and $790 to Re-originals. If you know a way to actually repair the dash yourself, please, please share the knowledge.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Please! Look, I am an Alfa cheapskate just like all of us. But bed liner? No way. It looks good in the pictures, but, the bottom line is that when you are driving the car, you see the dash every time you get in and get out. If it doesn't look correct, it is a major annoyance. My white '74 has a cap put there by the PO. Yuchhh! Actually it was not so bad at first, but now it has lifted a little and looks like doo-doo. Sooner or later I will bite the bullet, yank the cap and the dash, and send the dash to Re-Originals.

Hey, this is a pretty nice spider. Would you really want to "bedline" it?

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
I paid $736 for my daughter's '78 spider.

A $790 dash from Re-Originals is not in the equation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I was in a bit of a feisty mood when I wrote that. If I were keeping it and not working on the Giulia Spider, I would either buy the expensivo dash or look into a real vinyl repair which I do believe exists. And honestly, I have owned the car for six years and the dash cracks really don't bother me all that much.

I am considering lowering the price a bit due to the fact that it needs a top and dash. Maybe in a couple of days.

Please! Look, I am an Alfa cheapskate just like all of us. But bed liner? No way. It looks good in the pictures, but, the bottom line is that when you are driving the car, you see the dash every time you get in and get out. If it doesn't look correct, it is a major annoyance. My white '74 has a cap put there by the PO. Yuchhh! Actually it was not so bad at first, but now it has lifted a little and looks like doo-doo. Sooner or later I will bite the bullet, yank the cap and the dash, and send the dash to Re-Originals.

Hey, this is a pretty nice spider. Would you really want to "bedline" it?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Can you post a close up picture of the dash please?

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
I would find it hard to spend $1k on a series 2 dash. At it's worst, Akitaman's dash repair is going to look better than a dash cap or a cracked dash. And by all reports it's a pretty convincing result. I will be trying this in the near future. Heck if I screw it up I'm out $30 and I can still send it out and have it done right if I choose...

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
If you can get it off ( in one piece), I'd be interested in the "Alpine 500" sticker:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I would find it hard to spend $1k on a series 2 dash. At it's worst, Akitaman's dash repair is going to look better than a dash cap or a cracked dash. And by all reports it's a pretty convincing result. I will be trying this in the near future. Heck if I screw it up I'm out $30 and I can still send it out and have it done right if I choose...
You can also buy dash caps for around $120. I've had pretty good results with these.

Shouldn't detract from the original poster, however. Seems like a very nice Spider, and I didn't see any claims that the dash crack could be fixed cheaply, just that it could be fixed (which is true).

bs

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Price Adjustment

I had someone look at the car the weekend before last. Based on his impression and the car that he ended up buying I am adjusting the price on my sale. There can still be some room for negotiation, so don't let that stop you. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts