Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** SOLD ****

Technically sold, but if deal falls through, and you are interested, let me know.

Thanks!

Up for sale is a 1971 Fiat 850 Spider Convertible project car. I originally found this in a private junk yard about 9 years ago. Three years ago, I rescued it with a friend interested in vintage racing. He then sold to another friend who, who then sold it to me. I was going to work on it, but then an Alfa Spider came into my life, and this project got left on hold. So, I would like to sell it!

-903cc inline 4 cylinder water cooled engine.

-Engine is free; turns by hand and with starter. Should run with some tinkering.

-Original Arizona/New Mexico car.

-Minimal rust for an 850.

-Rust confined to Fiat sourced floor pan, mainly between seats and inner sill, and in trunk. You can see the holes in the interior photos.

-Bertone coach built body is rust free.

-Original Bertone body markings intact.

-Most of the original paint has been stripped down to sheet metal.

-All plastic filler by previous owners has been removed.

-Some parts (taillights, etc.) have been stripped in preparation for body work.

-No top or top frame available with this car.

-Driver's side front fender does have some issues: Large tear, which was poorly repaired.

-I do have a local source (Albuquerque) for a rust-free used fender, and possibly other parts.

-No Title. Original DOT VIN number door jamb tag still intact. I will provide an official State of New Mexico Bill of Sale.

This is an excellent car for amateur/vintage racing.

Although I live in Santa Fe, this Fiat is being stored in a locked, secure, dry, garage at a friend's house in Medanales, New Mexico, which is about an hour drive north of Santa Fe.

*** $300 **** or......... will consider trading for Alfa Romeo Spider parts/parts car.

Sorry about the lousy photos; I will try to get better ones in the coming weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
850 Spider driver's side front fender photo.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts