Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD ---For Sale: 1969 1750 GTV. Silver exterior & black interior. Original Euro Spec 10544 body & engine with dual Webbers, floor mounted pedals and single brake booster. This model was not imported or certified for sale in the USA. There can't be more than a handful of running examples in the country. This is NOT a USA SPICA conversion. Euro spec 1779 cc engine with Bosch distributor & dipstick on timing cover on pass side with mechanical fuel pump. Less than 1,000 miles on rebuilt engine & transmission, new hydraulics, re-cored radiator. Less than 5,000 miles on chassis in the past 17 years. Original Euro speedo (available to buyer) reads 57,849 Km (34,709 miles). US speedo installed when car brought to USA and does not reflect actual milage on car but it is working fine. I cannot say whether original speedo rolled over or not. The car was sold new and registered in Italy until it was imported into Canada in the 1980s. I bought the car in 1990 from a friend. Paperwork indicated the car changed hands 5 times in Canada before I bought it. The car was painted in Canada in the early 1980s (1982?). When I bought the car the interior was tired and the head gasket badly blown and it needed mechanical attention. The car sat indoors all winter then was driven only during the summer and gaskets dried out. I drove the car a couple hundred miles/year, mostly during Alfa Club events and the car was always garaged and covered. In 2000, I removed everything from the engine compartment to paint the engine compartment and do a complete mechanical restoration. The car was off the road for several years for the rebuild which was completed in 2004. Engine work: Centerline Alfa rebuilt head = new valves, new guides, new seals, new springs. 10548 Euro cams. Lower end=new pistons, rings, liners, seals, new bearings and thrust washers were coated, crank was turned 0.010" and balanced, new water pump, new oil pump, new upper and lower chains, new SACHs clutch pack and balanced flywheel with new ring gear. Rebuilt Transmission=new seals, 5 new syncro rings, 3 new syncro sliders, even new quadrants! perfect syncho gears = no grinding at all. New brake master, new (4) brake calipers (epoxy coated red) & rotors, new SS hoses, new clutch master & slave & SS hose. New wheel bearings on the front and rear. Brake booster sent out for rebuild. Running DOT 5 in totally new & clean system. Replaced all parking brake parts. Gas tank was removed, taken apart, welded up and lined inside and out. No cracks in dash, Euro gauges (have Euro speedo for buyer), old Nardi wheel in excellent condition (original wood Hellebore wheel to buyer - needs work to restore). Rare 1969 only, buttress seats covered in black vinyl in excellent condition and done with proper pleats unlike the recent Bobcor $23,000+ ebay car which had poorly redone seats. Original basketweave center material was not available in 1990 so I used the most expensive, toughest leather texture vinyl I could find - snowmobile seat material - nothing can stand up better to the freezing cold in winter and scorching sun in the summer and they look as good today as they did when recovered. New carpets were custom made and installed with stainless steel fasteners. Headliner looks new. Haven't even broken in new engine & transmission yet since rebuild. I've owned car for 17 years. Selling because I have too many cars and just don't drive it and need to clear space for restoration of 1957 Giulietta Spider. Someone needs to be driving this car. Car was painted in the mid 1980s and paint shows some wear. Still shines and water beads on finish, trees from across the street are reflected in finish on photos. 80 photos available, email me at: [email protected]m. All photos are high res (you can see any slight imperfections easier on photos than in person) I took photos of every inch of the car and am not hiding anything. Make sure you have high speed connection to view photos. Low res photo on Alfabb doesn't do the car justice. Asking $13,000. Car is located in Galveston, Texas. Shipping from Houston to West coast or southeast Coast is running ~ $700.

I've done nothing but pour money and time into this car over the past decade. The car has a sump guard, and a custom Weathershield car cover, Ansa exhaust and very low milage GoodYear Eagle GA 195/60/14 tires on factory steel wheels. Original carbs were rebuilt at time of engine rebuild and new limiting straps on rear. Koni classic shocks on front, stock springs all around. 1969 has the 4:10 rearend/differential so it is quiet on highway at cruising speed 3,400 RPM @ 70 mph. I also added a grease fitting to the pedal box to ease in lubricating brake pedal linkage. Pedal box cleaned and lubed when engine compartment re-done. New horns and closisonne badges. When I bought the car the gold had worn off the cloverleaf C pillar badges so I painted them green. Nice chrome housing, yellow lense fog lights under KC headlight covers (see website photos). There were Carello fog lights on the car when I bought the car, one was broken. I don't remember where I bought these, but they fit the holes in the bumper - they could be removed and you wouldn't hardly notice the 1/4" hole for each light. Straight clean car that is ready to drive. U-joints and center support have been replaced since I've owned the car as have all tie-rod ends at least once. Wire stone guards on headlights came with car when I bought it and are protecting expensive euro Carello headlamps and could be removed. You will spend more $$ buying a basket case and mechanically restoring it to this condition than buying this car and driving it now. For all those who were bidding on the Bobcor ebay car that didn't make reserve at $23,000+ (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alfa-Romeo-GT-V-1750-1969-Alfa-Romeo-GTV-1750-a-Bobcor-restoration_W0QQitemZ270157329744QQihZ017QQcategoryZ5356QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) buy mine and give it a $5,000 paint job and resell it for $23k and make a profit, but mine has the correct pleating on the seats, only one brake master, and has carbs.

Car is going to be advertised in the Oct Alfa Owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
[is this car for sale if so email QUOTE=Ben Higgins;416030]For Sale: 1969 1750 GTV. Silver exterior & black interior. Original Euro Spec 10544 body & engine with dual Webbers, floor mounted pedals and single brake booster. This model was not imported or certified for sale in the USA. There can't be more than a handful of running examples in the country. This is NOT a USA SPICA conversion. Euro spec 1779 cc engine with Bosch distributor & dipstick on timing cover on pass side with mechanical fuel pump. Less than 1,000 miles on rebuilt engine & transmission, new hydraulics, re-cored radiator. Less than 5,000 miles on chassis in the past 17 years. Original Euro speedo (available to buyer) reads 57,849 Km (34,709 miles). US speedo installed when car brought to USA and does not reflect actual milage on car but it is working fine. I cannot say whether original speedo rolled over or not. The car was sold new and registered in Italy until it was imported into Canada in the 1980s. I bought the car in 1990 from a friend. Paperwork indicated the car changed hands 5 times in Canada before I bought it. The car was painted in Canada in the early 1980s (1982?). When I bought the car the interior was tired and the head gasket badly blown and it needed mechanical attention. The car sat indoors all winter then was driven only during the summer and gaskets dried out. I drove the car a couple hundred miles/year, mostly during Alfa Club events and the car was always garaged and covered. In 2000, I removed everything from the engine compartment to paint the engine compartment and do a complete mechanical restoration. The car was off the road for several years for the rebuild which was completed in 2004. Engine work: Centerline Alfa rebuilt head = new valves, new guides, new seals, new springs. 10548 Euro cams. Lower end=new pistons, rings, liners, seals, new bearings and thrust washers were coated, crank was turned 0.010" and balanced, new water pump, new oil pump, new upper and lower chains, new SACHs clutch pack and balanced flywheel with new ring gear. Rebuilt Transmission=new seals, 5 new syncro rings, 3 new syncro sliders, even new quadrants! perfect syncho gears = no grinding at all. New brake master, new (4) brake calipers (epoxy coated red) & rotors, new SS hoses, new clutch master & slave & SS hose. New wheel bearings on the front and rear. Brake booster sent out for rebuild. Running DOT 5 in totally new & clean system. Replaced all parking brake parts. Gas tank was removed, taken apart, welded up and lined inside and out. No cracks in dash, Euro gauges (have Euro speedo for buyer), old Nardi wheel in excellent condition (original wood Hellebore wheel to buyer - needs work to restore). Rare 1969 only, buttress seats covered in black vinyl in excellent condition and done with proper pleats unlike the recent Bobcor $23,000+ ebay car which had poorly redone seats. Original basketweave center material was not available in 1990 so I used the most expensive, toughest leather texture vinyl I could find - snowmobile seat material - nothing can stand up better to the freezing cold in winter and scorching sun in the summer and they look as good today as they did when recovered. New carpets were custom made and installed with stainless steel fasteners. Headliner looks new. Haven't even broken in new engine & transmission yet since rebuild. I've owned car for 17 years. Selling because I have too many cars and just don't drive it and need to clear space for restoration of 1957 Giulietta Spider. Someone needs to be driving this car. Car was painted in the mid 1980s and paint shows some wear. Still shines and water beads on finish, trees from across the street are reflected in finish on photos. 80 photos available, email me at: [email protected]. All photos are high res (you can see any slight imperfections easier on photos than in person) I took photos of every inch of the car and am not hiding anything. Make sure you have high speed connection to view photos. Low res photo on Alfabb doesn't do the car justice. Asking $13,000. Car is located in Galveston, Texas. Shipping from Houston to West coast or southeast Coast is running ~ $700.

I've done nothing but pour money and time into this car over the past decade. The car has a sump guard, and a custom Weathershield car cover, Ansa exhaust and very low milage GoodYear Eagle GA 195/60/14 tires on factory steel wheels. Original carbs were rebuilt at time of engine rebuild and new limiting straps on rear. Koni classic shocks on front, stock springs all around. 1969 has the 4:10 rearend/differential so it is quiet on highway at cruising speed 3,400 RPM @ 70 mph. I also added a grease fitting to the pedal box to ease in lubricating brake pedal linkage. Pedal box cleaned and lubed when engine compartment re-done. New horns and closisonne badges. When I bought the car the gold had worn off the cloverleaf C pillar badges so I painted them green. Nice chrome housing, yellow lense fog lights under KC headlight covers (see website photos). There were Carello fog lights on the car when I bought the car, one was broken. I don't remember where I bought these, but they fit the holes in the bumper - they could be removed and you wouldn't hardly notice the 1/4" hole for each light. Straight clean car that is ready to drive. U-joints and center support have been replaced since I've owned the car as have all tie-rod ends at least once. Wire stone guards on headlights came with car when I bought it and are protecting expensive euro Carello headlamps and could be removed. You will spend more $$ buying a basket case and mechanically restoring it to this condition than buying this car and driving it now. For all those who were bidding on the Bobcor ebay car that didn't make reserve at $23,000+ (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alfa-Romeo-GT-V-1750-1969-Alfa-Romeo-GTV-1750-a-Bobcor-restoration_W0QQitemZ270157329744QQihZ017QQcategoryZ5356QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) buy mine and give it a $5,000 paint job and resell it for $23k and make a profit, but mine has the correct pleating on the seats, only one brake master, and has carbs.

Car is going to be advertised in the Oct Alfa Owner.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
He told me that he was just waiting for the check to clear. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts