Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I am a bit dissappointed that the fuel cell and other modifications were added to the other wise vintage race car so that the car could be campaigned. Just my opinion. There isn't any chassis number to denote if it is a "F" series car or a normale made into a Veloce Race car. I am going to gather the information for the Veloce register but until I get a serial number, I can't list the car on the Veloce Register. Maybe someone has a picture or knowledge of the serial number? The car has a great provenance. :)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I'm going to see the car tomorrow night. I'll see what I can come up with. If it's a lightweight, should it have some other designation besides an "F"?

·
Registered
712 Posts
This is a gorgeous car, and everything Al Leake raced was nice (and fast).

I wonder if it even still has any of it's alloy bodywork? I went back and looked throught the old SCCA rule books, and while the headrest is homolagated, I'm sure it couldn't run alloy doors in 74 and 75, that it probably would have had flares at that time, and mention is made of a crash.

Not dissing the car, as I love these old war horses, thinking that the history is far more interesting than strict originality. And they should always have modern safety equipment and preparation so that they can be used on track instead of just stuffed away in somebodies garage.

Can anybody tell me what the best written documentation or reference for these "light weight" cars is? I would enjoy reading more about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts