Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alessio 17' wheels with Goodyear RSA 215/50-17 tires.
The wheels have the correct for the 164 9 X 98 bolt pattern. I also installed hub spacers, so these bolt right on, BUT, you will need 5mm spacers on each rear wheel.

When I bought these, the seller said the tires had flat spots and thus vibrated at high speed. I took them to Goodyear for inspection. They said the tires were fine, but one of the wheels has a bend needing repair. In any case, rather than sort this out, I bought new OEM Alfa Wheels for my 164, so these are available.

The tires have at least 80% left (more, I think).
Of course, the tires and wheels are sold as is with no warranty, but I think the price is right. $150 or best offer for all four.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
How bad is the vibration and can the rim be repaired? As for the spacers for the rear can I find those at my local tire shop? Any idea on what shipping would run to Washington State? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How bad is the vibration and can the rim be repaired? As for the spacers for the rear can I find those at my local tire shop? Any idea on what shipping would run to Washington State? Sorry for all the questions.
The shimmy appears at above 50 mph, and is not too bad. Still, who wants any shimmy at all? Yes, the rim should be repairable; the bend is not even visible to me. As I said, I decided to change wheels so I took the issue no further. I have some spacers that the previous owner included, and I will see if I can find them and will include at no extra charge. If not, I know either of these folks can supply them:

Alfaholics
Tel: +44 (0) 1398 351360
Fax: +44 (0) 1398 351163
Mob: +44 (0) 7766 901056
mailto:[email protected]

Classic Alfa Romeo cars

OR
Charlie DeMarco
Serpent Autosport

[email protected]

Shippping to San Diego is 130, so Wash. State I am guess is about the same.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wheels/tires still available?

Are the Wheels and tires still available?

I'm fixing up an S and these would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will come get these if they are still available. I am local (sort of).
let em know
Thanks

That's a possibility.Saving me from shipping is a big plus!

Many have expressed interest. Thanks! Just to be clear, I do NOT know what is wrong with them, and they are sold as is...no refunds.
They look great, as per the pics, but are not perfect. They have some small scrapes here and there. Also, when my car had some body work done, looks like a little overspray got on them (hard to see and I guess can be removed).
Still, even if ALL needed repair (not the case) that would be 500. Plus 150 is 650. Try getting a set like this for a 164 at that price. :)

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold

SOLD

Thanks to everyone who inquired. FWIW, they went to a nice Alfa BB family with multiple 164's. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts