Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa GTV & Spider Owners :)

We are the US Importer for Revolution Wheels. Revolution, will soon have available, there Classic 5 Spoke Wheel to fit Alfa GTV's & Spider's. If your looking for something different then a Minilite style wheel, we have it! The wheel has a 25 offset and a 4x4.25 bolt pattern. It's made from a lightweight LM25 alloy which allows it to be used for race or road applications. It will be available in Silver or Black spoke colors with a polished lip and should be here in late April. The photo's are of the prototype of the wheel. We are offering an introductory price of $190.00 per wheel and are currently taking orders. For more information, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 847-255-2176. Visit our website at S & S Performance Motorsports Revolution Wheels Home Page.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB!

It's good to see products being offered for our Alfas. Just out of curiosity, as I am not looking for wheels at the present time, I did have a look at your web site. I didn't see anything about the weight of these wheels. I think you may want to consider posting this info.

Best regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel Weight

Thanks for welcoming us and your reply. Your absolutely right about posting the weight but since this wheel is a prototype, the exact weight isn't available yet. We been told it should be somewhere between 14-17lbs. As soon as I get a real weight, I'll let everyone know. Thanks again for your interest. Sue-

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't know if it would be worthwhile, but, how about 5 bolt on 98mm circle with 30mm offset 15 and 17in for the later Alfas like the GTV6, Milano, and 164. (I think thats right for the offset) Wheel width would be in the 7 to 8 inch range. I think (not know) that some, if not most, of the european Alfas since the 80's use the 5 on 98 bolt pattern on V-6 cars.

Just an idea.....maybe a crappy one, maybe not

Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5x98mm bolt pattern

Not a "crappy" idea at all Scott. Revolution will drill various bolt patterns as long as there done in quantity. It takes quite a bit of time to set there machines up for drilling so they can't drill just 1 or 2 sets of a different bolt pattern. If we can get a minimum of 40 wheels (10 sets), they will accommodate us.
The 5 spoke is only going to be offered in a 15" wheel. They can do up to a 33mm offset to fit the other Alfa's. The only wheel Revolution makes in a 17" is the Millennium wheel. There is a photo of it on our website S & S Performance Motorsports Revolution Wheels Home Page. Thanks for your interest. Sue-

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Sue,
I know this is a "really wild dream", but one reason I never changed the OEM 5-star wheels on my Spiders is because I really like they way look, and they are truly light. I weighed my Camapgnolo 14"x6" wheels from 1984 and they weigh 12 lbs. I also had an extra set re-finished and fitted with sticky tires, and the shop that did the work (they specialize on wheels) asked me what where these wheels, as they couldn't believe how light they were. If someone where to make a 15"x7" wheel in the original style (a faithful reproduction in a larger size with an equally impressive weight), I would be willing to pay serious $$ for these...

Wheel 2.jpg

Best regards,

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Where are these wheels made? If I may ask.

Thanks , Paul

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've always liked these wheels and have seen them many times in the British car mags.

I think that you are limiting yourself in the Alfa community though. There are many of us that want to stay with a 14" wheel and a 6" width. Icing on the cake would be 14x6 with a 38mm offset so they fit a Super.

Good luck with your business !

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Modular wheels were specifically made for racing applications, JT although we have sold them for street use as well. They are approx. 14.5 lbs for the 15x7. Thanks Sue-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brief history of Revolution Competition Wheels

Since the 60's, Revolution wheels were made in England exclusively. Recently, they have moved there manufacturing to Asia, which has enabled the company to bring the cost of the wheels down considerably. In doing this, it has made there wheels more affordable to the US market, considering the weakness of the dollar to the British pound. Research, development and design are still done in England as is the manufacturing of there 3 piece Modular wheels. Thanks for your question Paul. :) Sue-

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I've always liked these wheels and have seen them many times in the British car mags.

I think that you are limiting yourself in the Alfa community though. There are many of us that want to stay with a 14" wheel and a 6" width. Icing on the cake would be 14x6 with a 38mm offset so they fit a Super.

Good luck with your business !

Dan
Agreed. A 14x6 or 15x6 with a 40ish offset would be great. Wheels for Giulia sedans are few and far between - to my knowledge only the very pricey TZ replicas or special order Panasports are available in the US with the right width and offset.

-Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Enrique,

I agree, the Campies are a very pretty wheel. I would be happy to talk to England and pass your desire on.
I can tell you that there would have to be a substantial number of people wanting these wheels. From what we've been told, designing and making wheel molds is very costly. I will let you know what they come back with. Thanks Sue-

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Enrique,

I agree, the Campies are a very pretty wheel. I would be happy to talk to England and pass your desire on.
I can tell you that there would have to be a substantial number of people wanting these wheels. From what we've been told, designing and making wheel molds is very costly. I will let you know what they come back with. Thanks Sue-
Thank you, Sue. I appreciate you even considering this. Yes, I am aware that this requires a certain volume, and fully realize that this is a challenge, but I am optimistic about the interest it could generate.

Best regards,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
14" Wheels

Dan,

Unfortunately, :( Revolution (England) says there is enough worldwide demand for the 14" wheels. They have redesigned there 5 spoke 15" wheel to accommodate the 33 offset for Alfa and other makes, which in the past, would never fit. I wish they would still make wheels for every car, like they use to, but it is no longer economically feasible for them.
They do make the Minator (Minilite knock-off) wheel that has a 33 offset that may work for the Super. Of course, we would have to have an order of 60 wheels with your bolt pattern, to have them cast but it can be done. Is there a 14" wheel out there for the Super that isn't custom? Sue-

http://www.sspmotorsports.com/MinatorSilverAOTriumph5.5x15.jpg

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Is there a 14" wheel out there for the Super that isn't custom? Sue-
AFAIK all you can get in 14" are Panasports via special order or some of the GTA replicas from the UK. Super wheels are definitely an underserved market in the US.

-Jason

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
revolution lug nuts

I used Revolutions on an Alfa back in the 70's and they used a shouldered lug nur similar to a Minilite. I assumer that's what they still use? I didn't see prices for the lug nuts nor did I see prices.?

Stu

1 - 20 of 21 Posts