Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Posting this advert for a friend...

GTA 1300 Jr Stradale, chassis #776121, one owner since 1982, the car currently in Switzerland.

He's asking $40k USD.

Serious inquires only please.

Send me a PM for his contact info

Thanks

davbert

·
Registered
352 Posts
gta

I would like to see the pictures as well. Pete Steilberg
206 467 2641 Seattle

·
Registered
213 Posts
oldtimergallerie.com has it.

please post some pics of the car, i'd like to see what you get for $40k these days.

and why is it painted as a 1600?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The picture above is not the car. Davebert sent me links to the actual photos. PM him if you are really interested.

The car looks identical to John Hoard's car, no real surprise.

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fer Krien Out Loud

Alrighty folks, edumacate me. Why on Gods green earth would this car be worth 40K? I am interested in purchasing another AR after once owning a spyder, but this seems ridiculous. I have been watching several sites to try and keep up with prices, but even in So. Cal. there hasn't been one approach this price that I have seen. What have I missed?
Thanks for any polite input.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
You might be thinking this is a GTV. In fact, it's a GTA Junior, the aluminum body version of the GT Junior. These were very limited production cars. In addition to the lightweight aluminum body, the cars also had twin plug head, magnesium bellhousing/valve cover/oil pan.

1300 GTA Jr.'s go anywhere from $30K-$50K ranging from street cars to race cars. The 1600 GTA versions start off around $60K for a street version and work all the way up to $100K for a race car with successful documented history. This price is not unusual for this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks...

Italcarguy,
I appreciate the information. I hadn't been aware of the greater difference in pricing on the GTA Jr. vs other models. Northridge is also my home and so maybe, if you are inclined, I could get some schooling from you. Ideally, I would like to have a Duetto and so I have been following those models particularly. However, I have also started thinking a GTV may be the ticket.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
wuzonce said:
Italcarguy,
I appreciate the information. I hadn't been aware of the greater difference in pricing on the GTA Jr. vs other models. Northridge is also my home and so maybe, if you are inclined, I could get some schooling from you. Ideally, I would like to have a Duetto and so I have been following those models particularly. However, I have also started thinking a GTV may be the ticket.
Thanks for the help.
Nice another BB member from Northridge. Our shop is located not too far from the university. I have a GTV project car I might be selling. Email me if you are interested. Also, feel free to stop by the shop anytime. Saturday's are the best because it's slower than weekdays and I'll have more time to chat about what you are looking for and what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
anthony -at- alfastuff -dot- com

Shop address is:

8816 Amigo Ave.
Northridge, CA

One block north of Parthenia St. and two blocks west of Reseda Blvd.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Owners Contact info...

Hello all

for those who's been asking for pictures and more info.

here's his contact information.

Geoff Wardle
[email protected]

626 396 2421 W
626 403 9135 H

cheers

davbert said:
Hello all

Posting this advert for a friend...

GTA 1300 Jr Stradale, chassis #776121, one owner since 1982, the car currently in Switzerland.

He's asking $40k USD.

Serious inquires only please.

Send me a PM for his contact info

Thanks

davbert

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oldtimergallerie

Just as a reference for anyone interested in this GTA, I just purchased a 73 1600 GT JR from the "Old Timer Gallerie" in Toffen Switzerland, and I can personally attest to their integrity and professionalism in the handling of the transaction. It was actually an easy process. Everything was as promised and they were responsive to all of my needs every step of the way. They helped me with shipping (in a shared container, ..saved me $2,500), and were just nice people all the way around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts