Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This collection of Giuliettas was just unearthed in Minnesota.

Anybody recognize the racer from the glory days? What is a stash like this worth? Seems like you could get more for them if they were sorted and sold separately.

Not affiliated, just interested.....

Find it here on eBay.

RN

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I like the hardtop from El Monte. Good old El Monte! Wasn't there a Zappa song about crap from El Monte?

Oh well, just blithering so that I don't even think about trying to bid on this treasure trove.

Regards to the restoration crowd,

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I like the hardtop from El Monte. Good old El Monte! Wasn't there a Zappa song about crap from El Monte?
It's from the song "Dog Breath" (and the Dog Breath Variations), the first of which appeared on the album 'Just Another Band From L.A.' and it goes something like this:

and a one and a two and a...

"Primer mi carucha, Chevy '39.
Going to El Monte - Legion Stadium.
Pick up on my Louisa; she is so divine.
Helps me stealing hub caps,
wasted all the time.

Fuzzy Dice,
bongos in the back,
my ship of love
is ready to attack."

Ohh...by the way...nice cars! This would be a great project for a real collector or a good deal for anyone willing to break up the set. I agree that you could make more by selling them individually.

·
Premium Member
21,349 Posts
Hey, my parents' first house after they were married in 1949 was in El Monte. And I looked at a "ran when parked" (15 years before) Berlina there about five years ago. So go easy on El Monte.

There's no end of esoteric references in Zappa songs. But that's another forum, right?

I love the GP car.

Andrew

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, easy on El Monte! :) I lived there until I was nine and my folks still own rental property in that town. It ain't the same, of course, but, nothing is...

Very cool find, BTW. These could keep an alfista busy for awhile!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reserve it met and the bid is currently at $9800 with 13 hours to go.

I wonder if the bidders have checked it out in person or if they are just rolling the dice...

We'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts