Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale, 10.9 mm Autodelta by C&B as sold by Ereminas Imports. Brand new, never ran, but evidently "no comebacks" does not always apply. Too much lift for my 1300. Stamped AR109 280s. A real nice performance cam for 1600 and 1750 motors, in brand spanking new condition. $450. plus shipping.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cam applications

Stefano,

Yes these cams will work nicely in a street driven 2 litre. The information on them is in European specs and listed as: 30 degree Intake
70 degree

and 70 degree Exhaust
30 degree
I've been told these are a good 1600cc single plug racing cam or a good for a 1750/2000 street Alfa.

Frank

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
So it looks like 30 + 70 + 180 = 280 degrees duration. Makes sense as your part number is AR109 280s.

OK thanks, but it's a bit too radical for me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I doubt if they are 280 degrees at .050 Especially if they are intended for use on the intake and exhaust side. If the card is available it should state the lift at which they measure 280.

·
Registered
371 Posts
These are the cams I'm running in my road 2L GTV. With stock size valves, Ingram HP spica pump, 10.4:1 old style domed pistons, RML ignition, there's nice power throughout the range. Played around with the cam timing a bit, but without really getting into that, I found 102 degrees works best. I'm open to suggestions on the timing if anyone has found better results with a similarly set-up engine.

·
Richard Jemison
7,180 Posts
Cam info

The cams have a "quoted" duration at .020 (.5mm) lift as 280. at .050 duration is 245 degrees. They are rated by C&B as medium road cams.

Stefano,
your math is for total duration at proper clearance off of the seat.

30/70-70/30 is cam timing (@102) that would be good for HP street/track days, but set at 100 lobe centers the off the seat timing would have a reduced overlap by 8 degrees for better lower end torque. Just advancing the exhaust cam to that setting would give a noticable lower end performance increase with no noticable loss at the upper end.. This is really more exhaust cam than needed with this cam as the intake.
With a small motor (1.3, 1.6, 1.8) using one of these for the intake and a smaller fast lift exhaust would perform really well. Even a stock 1300/1600 veloce cam with lash set at .021 would be a great exhaust cam with these.
The problem with old style lobe design is the lift ramp is too slow. Modern performance cams use much faster ramp rates.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
245 duration is more streetable, yes. It would still need an Ingram HP pump.

This is really more exhaust cam than needed with this cam as the intake.
This is what I was thinking too. Wondering if only one was for sale. I'd like to incorporate one high lift cam such as this with a Euro exhuast or Wes' A16 cam on the exhaust. I'm running two of the A16 cams on a stock Spica pump. They are 10.2mm lift and 240 duration at 0.050".

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C&B cams

Yes they are still for sale, there seems to be alot of experts with something to say, but no one is putting their money where their mouths are. I paid Ereminas over $5oo for them. Sorry I can't give them away.

Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts