Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vintage "good luck" T-shirt has too much patina.. Bought 1985 Laguna Seca Alfa bash..Someone has to have this pattern but can't find 'em on the net...Maybe the vendor passed on.. Any help appreciated.. we do get attached to things, ya, know...Uncle, whimpering.

Attachments

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
emblems

Now, most of the graphics shops (t-shirts and plastic lettering etc) can copy and enhance (correct flaws) of images by computer and duplicate the images.

I feel your pain... I only wore 1 t-shirt under my driver`s suits during early 2000 to 2003 and it too was my lucky shirt. However during the helicopter ride from Sebring to Tampa General they cut off my driver`s suit and the shirt.
Sparco $1,100.00. Shirt - priceless.

I think it`s origins may have been based on a band`s song of that era.
The graphics were of two dogs, one`s nose to the other`s anus with the caption, "LOVE STINKS".

Anyone have one to sell?

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, most of the graphics shops (t-shirts and plastic lettering etc) can copy and enhance (correct flaws) of images by computer and duplicate the images.

I feel your pain... I only wore 1 t-shirt under my driver`s suits during early 2000 to 2003 and it too was my lucky shirt. However during the helicopter ride from Sebring to Tampa General they cut off my driver`s suit and the shirt.

I think it`s origins may have been based on a band`s song of that era.
The graphics were of two dogs, one`s nose to the other`s anus with the caption, "LOVE STINKS".

Anyone have one to sell?
I have a feeling your first question out of anesthesia was... "Did you save the T-shirt?".. They said, "no, but we did your arm and leg.. " SCHIT!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The Alfa 'T' shirt looks like it is possibly one of Tony Schmid's early designs. He advertises under 'AJS Designs' in the AROC monthly newsletter and sponsors events every year at the AROC National Convention. I have similar wall art that he did from the 90's. I know he is or was a vendor at Laguna Seca and sold a bunch of the large emblem 'Alfa Romeo' umbrellas there.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the Alfa Owner here or I'd get his contact information; perhaps later...

Good luck,
Mark

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Alfa 'T' shirt looks like it is possibly one of Tony Schmid's early designs. He advertises under 'AJS Designs' in the AROC monthly newsletter and sponsors events every year at the AROC National Convention. I have similar wall art that he did from the 90's. I know he is or was a vendor at Laguna Seca and sold a bunch of my umbrellas there.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the Alfa Owner here or I'd get his contact information; perhaps later...

Good luck,
Mark
No website, no e-mail address.. I hate to bother on the phone for a lousy t-shirt

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
It depends on the State and how conscious the shop is of copyright infringement. I had to get a copyright release from one of our "Alfisti" to have a design printed on the back of one of my jackets. Luckily, I knew who to contact to get written permission. This was at Kinko's/FedX Office.

Alfar7; said:
When my cousin was hit by a car, my aunt's first complaint was they cut his brand new $27. jeans off with scissors. Not quite as pricey as your shirt, but she had just bought them the day before.

No website, no e-mail address.. I hate to bother on the phone for a lousy t-shirt
Tony and Deb are sometimes slow to respond to phone messages because they travel a lot, but that is the only way to contact them. They can be reached at (253) sevenfivenine-tenthirty-one.

I've purchased from them over the years and they have both been very helpful and have furnished what I needed. I talked to Tony the day before yesterday over an issue Pat and my youngest daughter created being too hasty to protect herself so I am mailing what is required to straighten it out; Rick, if you'd like I can enclose a print of the shirt you're looking for and ask Tony if it is his design.

LMK.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheryl, that be great if you are talking to him. I probably won't be buying just one but I can't promise a closet full. R.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I got ahold of Tony and he did not produce this design, so my search continues.
Sorry, I really thought it was some of Tony's 'early work.' I have a collection of his shirts and art work (20 or so pieces). Some are very similar, more professional but similar.
Good luck with your search!
Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts