Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,327 Posts
Update - that PB Blaster stuff is remarkable. I followed Eric's advice and applied it for three consecutive days, and today three of the four bolts loosened with minimal effort. The fourth bolt took more work - a few well placed strikes with a ball peen hammer and it loosened as well. When reinstalling, do these bolts need to be torqued to a certain spec, or is it by 'mechanics intuition'? The giubo bolts were VERY easy to remove, in fact one of them was loose already. I'm thinking I'll replace the giubo while I have it out. It looks in good shape over all, but upon close inspection there are a few small fissures in the rubber. I've read enough horror stories about what happens when the blow, and with 86K on the car, I don't know if it is the original one or not. I'll be bringing the shaft and center bearing stuff to a shop since I don't have the tools to pull the flange and bearing.
Tight is mechanics intuition for me. Also I completely agree that now is a good time to replace any known wear items.
Gordon Raymond

21 - 21 of 21 Posts