Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm doing some work on my new (old) Alfa spider '84 and I've noticed the front wheels are rubbing against the aluminum "lining" inside the wheel housings. It happens only on turns. The wheels are 15" 185/65. Are they to big for the car or? In the book the original size is 14"185*70 but in the end there is very little difference in the total diameter between 15" and 14", 616mm resp 621mm. Is there something else I should look for? Something in the suspension? Any experience?

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Aln,

Several people have experienced front tire rubbing; usually from using oversized tires and/or wheels. A quick fix is to adjust the steering stops to limit the wheel travel. I have done this on my '91 Spider, with wider wheels & tires, and don't notice much difference in turning radius.

Hello!
I'm doing some work on my new (old) Alfa spider '84 and I've noticed the front wheels are rubbing against the aluminum "lining" inside the wheel housings. It happens only on turns. The wheels are 15" 185/65. Are they to big for the car or? In the book the original size is 14"185*70 but in the end there is very little difference in the total diameter between 15" and 14", 616mm resp 621mm. Is there something else I should look for? Something in the suspension? Any experience?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts