Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced front wheel bearings on a 87 Spider Veloce? Is there an inner and outer bearing or just an inner bearing? Getting conflicting advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am a new Alfa owner so I am unfamiliar where to order these parts. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Alfa does not make bearings. you should be able to obtain them at any local bearing house. Take one of each with you and they can match them up using the bearing # printed or etched in the race

·
Registered
463 Posts
Try International Auto Parts (IAP) and Centerline. IAP normally has a banner ad here.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Don't forget to get the inner seals, they will need replacement. Use a top quality high temp bearing grease and pack them properly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
As seen on classicalfa.com:

IMHO these guys are the inner seal, the outer and the inner bearing. They also have a "front hub oil seal", sold separetly:

But this in the same as the inner seal on the left of the previous pic, right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does anybody know the size (internal diameter) of the inner oil seal on the front hub?

·
Registered
293 Posts
When ordering bearings online, ask about their country of origin (seals, too). I'd only use US- or German-made parts, i.e. Timken, FAG, etc., and absolutely avoid anything made in China, Indonesia, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts