Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Graduate. Front turn signal assembly. There are, on each side, a connecting nut into which the plastic screws go. Mine is corroded and can't hold the screws. IAP sells the assembly, but not these nuts or rod.

As best I can tell the nut is a 6M w/an 8mm wrench size, 6.35 mm across the flats and about 1/2 or 12.7 mm deep.

The rod appears to be 6m x 1.24 inches long.

Any one know whether these numbers are correct and where to acquire a couple of these?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn signal works fine. The interior threads on the coupling nut have rusted away and wont hold the plastic screws, As a result the outer lens can't be attached to the assembly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a little more complicated that I thought. The rod is actually a 5mm thread. The coupling nut is a 5mm on one end and a 6mm on the other where the screws connect in.

I've found a couple of 6 mm nuts at Home Depot which appear to be the right size across the flats and I'm gluing them together. This arrangement is still a few mm short of the original coupling nut length, so I'm trying a rubber washer to equalize it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts